Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL not working ?>

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by meatball
    31 days * 24 hours = 744 hours.
    at 47 euro per month = 6cents an hour

IOL was offline for what, 3 hours?

good luck recovering your 18c.

It's two days worth of usage here, i ain't paying them by the hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    It two days worth of usage here, i ain't paying them by the hour.

Im with you on that...

Gotta complain when companies treat ya badly. It pays to complain.

X

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by Xcellor
    Im with you on that...

Gotta complain when companies treat ya badly. It pays to complain.

X

When i moved address and had to wait 2 1/2 months for Esat to setup my line again i complained, to ComReg...guess what?

FOUR DAYS after i made the call they had the line up, four days...yet it took 2 1/2 months and dozens of calls to customer care when i did nothing and made no complaints.

Yes, i think complaints get results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Yeh I rang iol and after half an hour they picked up and told me it was a national problem and eircom and iol engineers were working on it. He said he had no idea how long it would take (hours,days,weeks?) and I was told there was a list of ppl to be called back when it was fixed but he advised me not to put my name down as they were not going to be calling anyone back cos there was 'too many ppl on the list'. IOL has probably the worst tech support i have ever seen for a major company and i have dealt with Dell.

Originally posted by crowl
    Yeh I rang iol and after half an hour they picked up and told me it was a national problem and eircom and iol engineers were working on it. He said he had no idea how long it would take (hours,days,weeks?) and I was told there was a list of ppl to be called back when it was fixed but he advised me not to put my name down as they were not going to be calling anyone back cos there was 'too many ppl on the list'. IOL has probably the worst tech support i have ever seen for a major company and i have dealt with Dell.

If it was any other company... I would think you were exagerating but with IOL anything is possible apart from good reliable service :)

I really thought a take over by BT would shake things up a bit... But I was soooo wrong. I think they have done nothing apart from change the company name to EsatBT. BT in Britain are a lot more on the pulse.. but then they have to be because real competition exists not like here where the two competitors of Eircom are reselling their services...

Can someone please explain to me this... because I can't understand for the life of me the reason why...

Why does Eircom have the most expensive residential DSL with the lowest cap in Ireland (8gb for plus package or whatever eircom equiv). I mean Eircom resell packages to UTV and IOL and then they undercut Eircom... What the hell is that all about? Plus Eircom get line rental as well...

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Anyone know if IOL is still having trouble. I am about to leave work here and wanted to spend the night playing Quake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Xcellor
    Can someone please explain to me this... because I can't understand for the life of me the reason why...

Why does Eircom have the most expensive residential DSL with the lowest cap in Ireland (8gb for plus package or whatever eircom equiv). I mean Eircom resell packages to UTV and IOL and then they undercut Eircom... What the hell is that all about? Plus Eircom get line rental as well...
    Why would they sell it for less that €40 when they have lots of people willing to pay them €40 to get it?

You're thinking of a "competitive market". But a truely competitive market requires informed consumers as well as competing suppliers. Ireland doesn't have either of these.

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Why would they sell it for less that €40 when they have lots of people willing to pay them €40 to get it?

You're thinking of a "competitive market". But a truely competitive market requires informed consumers as well as competing suppliers. Ireland doesn't have either of these.

Very valid points. Tis a sad state altogether. Eircom have us by the balls.

Roll on wireless BB... Oh yeah... in fact wireless everything. Bloody cables everywhere!!!

Our BB is very low spec'd, even business packages are relatively poor.

Oh well ... remember the days when we were on 14.4 modems (I wasnt around for the >9,600) and then 36.6 came out and we were all like woopedidooooo... then the 56k came out... and the two standards etc.. then V.90... and then V.92... The net has moved on fast.... *wakes up* Ok.. enough nostalgia for one day. I'm not that old....

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Our BB is very low spec'd, even business packages are relatively poor.

Only problem ive had with Esat business packages are the price. Everything else is top notch. Its gone down 3 times (basically when iol went down) and been back up within 2-5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭^pt^

IOL down again :rolleyes: Hopefully back by the morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭napalm@night

iol still up the creek?this slow broadband bs of late is really strting to annoy me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by ^pt^
    IOL down again :rolleyes: Hopefully back by the morning
    Clicksilver went down around the same time las night too.

Advertisement