Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque now out of date

Options
  • 18-03-2004 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I wrote out a cheque to my insurance broker last july. I though no more about it till I was talking to him and said that he had forgotten to loadge it.

Because the cheque is more than 6 months old he cant do anything with it. He wants me to write him a new cheque.

Whats the legal position? I wrote him a cheque out in good faith and he failed to lodge it within 6 months, Can I refuse to issue a new one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If the cheque was'nt cashed he has'nt taken any of your money yet! Send him another one and tell him to use it this time! :) I'd be more concerned that your hav'nt been covered or did he issue an insurance cert anyway?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by mike65
    If the cheque was'nt cashed he has'nt taken any of your money yet! Send him another one and tell him to use it this time! :) I'd be more concerned that your hav'nt been covered or did he issue an insurance cert anyway?

Mike.

He did issue an insurance cert. It was an inital down payment of €90. I am now paying monthly via direct debit. Just seems he mislaid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

FFS, the guy made a mistake. Pay up what your due - it's not like you lost out on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Getthe original cheque back - then send him a new one. No problem.

Advertisement