Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another wrestler released

• 19-03-2004 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Simmons was great back in WCW. Remember it vagly from those ITV saturday mornings. I remember he had some serious heat.

Unfortunitly he walks like he has a pole up his ass and moves like a spastic. I think they could have done some better cuts then that. But I wont miss him all that much!

But it makes you think. When are they gonna cut some one we are gonna miss. As far as I have been lead to believe, Billy Kidman and Paul London are gonna be a serious tag team once the new brand extention comes into play.

Guess this means Big Show can voice his oppinions now :)

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Hanza
    Guess this means Big Show can voice his oppinions now :)

y'no thats the first thing that ocured to me, i wonder if management was pissed at simmons for standing up to big show. i mean wasnt he all set to move into a job as a road agent? is that the case now? seems very sudden, and tbh would u not reckon they would have everyone at the lottery and then cut who they dont want after that?

about time for kidman to get a push/some tv time. the guys been in limbo ever since he dropped the cruiser strap. o.t. does anyone know what happened between kidman/hogan in wcw, didnt they fued and have some heat to one another?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

The New Blood angle was like the Invasion angle , would have worked better if they had some proper wrestlers of merit in it , Kidman was ok but Mike Sanders as a spokeperson ? ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

And getting rid of Simmons , unless he was seriously acting the b****** like shooting up in the corridors or something , was a mistake.He's a funny guy , a lot more talented on the mic then most on the roster , so they should have made him a manager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

The guy already retired and then was took out of it. If he wanted to go let him go, im sure they will find someone to step up to the plate, like Billy Kidman n Paul London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

He was planning on retiring anyway, he might have been cut from the roster, but is he completely out of the WWE or is he gonna be a road agent or something?

Nero

Weird thing is that...

SMACKDOWN SPOILER

SMACKDOWN SPOILER

SMACKDOWN SPOILER

SMACKDOWN SPOILER

SMACKDOWN SPOILER

SMACKDOWN SPOILER

SMACKDOWN SPOILER

Simmons was fired on Smackdown last Thursday (ie: Tommorow nights show) Like I said before, i think its a bit of a mistake. Theres more to this story then we have been lead to believe. Simmons, in the ring isnt the most valuable asset, but backstage,he has been there for alot of superstars.

I can smell something fishy... oh wait, thats my fingers. Never mind. I seriously think there was alot more to this.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

DAMN!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

like what hanza. by any chance were you an x-files fan at one point?:D

DAMN, my secrets out. (Cool, that was a doubleantante)

No what Im getting at is that I think he must have caused ruction back stage. Hes old school, so mabey he was into some stuff that he shouldnt have been in to. If he was retiring from the ring, become a road agent or somthing they would have explained.

He also could have walked out on a show. Mabey he didnt like the angle with the APA splitting (cant blame me if i spoilded it, I said spoiler a million times above) And its just ironic that he got fired when he was in an angle when he got fired.

No Im actually being serious. Does anyone else find it a bit unusual no one has disclosed any information.

Hanza

You have to remember something though, Smackdown Tapings are held on Tuesdays (and sometimes Wednesdays), so Simmons would have probably been fired before Smackdown was actually aired.

Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Personally I thought it was really cool when farooq asad came out to beat the sh1t out of HBK, but he's really old, so I suppose no harm in letting him go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Yeah i liked Farooq back in the old Nation of Domination days but he hasnt been around for a while so i sort of forgot about him so its not a really big lose to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Question to vince mcmahon?

Do you sir not realise you actually need Wrestlers to put on a Wrestling show?????

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

It's not as if Simmons was an integral part of any wrestling show recently.

The problem with the APA is they went stale after 4 years. When Simmons came out of retirement last year, nobody really cared about the APA. Vengeance last year is a class example. It was an absolute stellar card, with two weak links, the McMahon Gowan match and the Bar Brawl. I mean, they had Brian Kendrick dancing on a fsckin' table! Great use of talent :)

Bradshaws new barnet didn't help matters much either ;)
    Nero

Do you have any links to that smiaras?

Hanza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

http://nodq.com/news/81731307.shtml

They are reporting some sort of drug related issue. Not sure how true that might be, since I hadn't heard anything like that about Faarooq before.

Yeah I read what 411 had to say. But wow I didnt hear about the drug issues. Thats crazy. Although he is an old school guy and they said that back when Simmons was huge in WCW cocaine was rampent in the locker room.

Hanza

I think that was in relation to the Big Show thing. That did cause alot of negative energy backstage to my knowledge.

Hanza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

It's being reported that Simmons was asked to go to rehab for a drinking problem but refused. The WWE then let him go.

Story

Well I'll be DAMNED!, Here's your P45.
    Nero

maybe him, hardy, spanky and kanyon can form the uWo
    Unemployed World Order!

Nero

• Advertisement

Ah come on, Hawk from LOD and Marty Janetty spent more time drunk in the ring than in the bar! ;)

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

Originally posted by smiaras
    Anyone else find it strange how some wrestlers seem to be living out the on screen characters in real life, sounds like Simmons took the APA a tad to seriously with the drinking. You'd have though SC would have already set a bad enough example.

the idea behind a good caracter as to base ie close to your own self that way itis easier to be on all the time

Advertisement