Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Forum request

Options
  • 19-03-2004 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I would like to propose a new forum to be set up.

Named BETTING and placed under the sports section.

things to be discussed includes...

share decent betting tips for all sports,
    reviews of betting internet sites,
    how to bet,
    and other news and views on the betting world.

I know this is partly covered in the horseracing section, but it isn't broad enough for my liking.

I would also put myself forward to moderate or help moderate the forum.
    (Not fully knowing what the procedure is to become a moderator)

What do you think?

Regards,

Bob
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think this would interfere quite a bit with Horse Racing, but I'll throw it over for Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bobk

Obviously I wouldn't want to step on Hobart's shoes here, but I think both could coexist quite nicely considering people bet on all sorts of things these days!

Or else, maybe even calling the horseracing forum 'Betting' or 'Bookies' may lead it to being more accesible to people who bet on sports other than the horses.

Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

I think a betting forum would be much welcomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

/me agrees

but hey... i agree with everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

great idea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Sounds like it'd be handy.

Why not post your sports tips in their relevant forum? I can't see why people couldn't be recommending rugby tips in the rugby forum etc..

I suppose you could do that, but I think for the gamblers amongst us it would be better to have one central place for tips, etc. rather then scour around the boards in hope of getting a tip

Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I think this is a good forum idea and I will only support it if you give me a good tip for some sporting action this weekend !

Seriously tho, Good ider..

Ireland to beat scotland ;)

Verplank for the Players tournament (ew)

Paul Scholes to score first (Ars v man U)

Ronnie O' Sullivan for the Irish Masters

Not great value, but worth a shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I don't really think it would detract from the horse racing forum, if it was purely a betting forum. There is a sticky and a few threads in Horse Racing which reference tips and betting. There have also been a few questions asked which be specific to betting on horses, and would not apply to other sports.

There is also a betting sticky in the soccer forum. I just wonder would there be enough "interest" to justify a forum? Maybe a sub-forum of Horse Racing ala Satire in Politics would suffice?

Advertisement