Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What strip are you currently reading?

Options
  • 19-03-2004 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

Going along the lines of other forums with "what <insert generic music type> song are you listening to", and to cut down on random threads with pics of "I thought this was funny" :)

So what are you currently reading?

*NOTE* Links only - no full pics because it will take too long to load. Anybody posting full pics will have them edited. Just a heads up before you post anything.

Have you seen Episode II yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I read Doonesbury in the Irish Times.

As for online strips, I prefer to read the whole back catalogue in a monster reading session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

Love that jedi comic Iceman... never seen that before

I'm reading (adn following with the greatest enthusiasim) penny arcade,

www.penny-arcade.com

Must try finding a new one to read though (other than whats already on the sticky) does anyone know anything worth reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

That www.ctrlaltdel-online.com is my favourite online comic at the moment. It's a bit like penny arcade - lots of gamer references.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Stuff I read:

Flem Comics;
    Bob The Angry Flower;
    Two Lumps (from the guy who does Flem);
    Sexy Losers (not always worksafe, but pretty funny - particularly the "Kenta's Horny Mum" storyline;
    Parking Lot Is Full (RIP);
    Edible Dirt;
    The Boondocks;

You can find Calvin and Hobbes strips on the same site as The Boondocks (Ucomics) but because it's syndicated you can only see the last two weeks of available material.

I also used to read Sluggy Freelance but it's gone from being very funny in the beginning to being very sucky now.

And Penny Arcade kicks ass.

Edit - just found the Unspeakable Vault (Of Doom). What I've seen so far is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I don't really think people are getting this......hehe

I meant it in the idea of what strip exactly are you reading right now. As in if it's a daily thing or whatever, which one are you reading right now. It was meant to be along the lines of what song are you listening to. So in the same idea you wouldn't post a reply to say I like to listen to this or that group. You'd reply with something like "I'm listening to Mad World by Gary Jules" or something like that. The individual ones. As you can see the one I put up was a single strip from a long running cartoon.

Otherwise, may as well just put those links up in the sticky for links :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Just read the last few days of www.johnandjohn.nl, one of my favourites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Ailill

Just read 2 of the Minimum Wage series by Bob Fingerman. Brilliant stuff, hilarious.

Advertisement