Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WindowsXP (IE) problems + Red Hat (FAN) noise

Options
  • 19-03-2004 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi lads,
    My PC t340.uk , with 1 Gigs of RAM.

1) When I boot into Windows XP , machine(CPU unit) is calm without any sound (fans),but when I boot into Red Hat Linux 9 it roars (like 747 jumbo jet taking off) all time.

2) I use Firefox and IE6 for browsing (on winXP), I am facing with these problems
    a) I cannot open my yahoo mails despite i can login into yahoo
    b) I cannot post message my message into boards.ie
    c) I cannot reply long messages, for this I have clear their message and send it.

But there is none of these problems exists on the linux side except I have to wear an ear bud to get rid of the noise caused by the machine (CPU Unit). Offcourse I am posting this by booting into linux.

Thanks for any suggestion lads,
    ww)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Are you using broadband? Your browsing problem sounds like a MTU problem. You can lower your MTU with this little reg hack.

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1104/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭redhat_newbie

I am using broadband.
    Thanks for the tweak, I will check it. If it works i will reply via WinXP, else you will have to wait until I reboot to linux.

ww)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭redhat_newbie

I made the registry settings according info suggested in the link. But it didn't work for me. So mailing back from Linux. Any other help ?

cheers,
    ww)

Advertisement