Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband - letterkenny

• 19-03-2004 2:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭

does anyone know where i can fibd out whwn broadband will reach my area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Afaik, Letterkenny Broadband is due in July.

P. :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Letterkenny is done since last Summer.

Regards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

Broadband has been installed in Letterkenny but has not reached my area (beside Golf club) how can i find out when it will reach my area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

The golf course is outside the range of the post office exchange, you wont be able to get broadband from eircom esat etc, but i have a feeling that there will be wirelless available to you in the not so distant future.

how much will wireless cost me then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by irishpal25
    Broadband has been installed in Letterkenny but has not reached my area (beside Golf club) how can i find out when it will reach my area?

i have the same problem. i live slightly further out than the golf club. No idea when eircom will get dsl out to me. Your best bet is to look into the wireless jimmeh mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by irishpal25
    how much will wireless cost me then?
    between €30 and €45 a month, much the same as DSL, though installation charges are usually higher than DSL.

http://www.lastmile.ie/pricelist.html
    http://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/bb_at_home/pricing.htm
    http://www.net1.ie/

There are other providers, those are just a sample.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

none available in donegal / letterkenny though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by jimmeh
    none available in donegal / letterkenny though.
    Is that a hint that the wireless provider that you suggested will be available "in the not so distant future" is going to charge more than the going rate?

hey jimmeh i seen your post on North-west board
    Who would be interested in having a 512Kb/s connection from €35p/m anywhere in Donegal.

When will this be available and who will be providing it cause i know LOTS who will get it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I blame 'Eircon' ! for any and all local hold ups as they have not activated Broadband in my 074 91 Ballybofey/Stranorlar part of Letterkenny exchange yet ?...

I am just waiting for U.TV Clicksilver to e-mail me as soon as they can install their Broadband @ €29.99c a month. I am currently using UTVip XL but want to upgrade to Broadband ASAP.

P. :ninja:

Advertisement