Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wu Tang Clan.

• 19-03-2004 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

"Hardcore Rap Superstars, the WU TANG CLAN, will make their first ever Irish Performance at OXEGEN this year. Get ready for the Wu Tang Clan featuring RZA, GZA, Methodman, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah. With a number of multi platinum albums including debut "Enter The Wu Tang", "Wu Tang forever (’97), "The W" (2000) and "Iron Flag" (2001) and a host of lethal singles including "Second Coming Triumph", "Protect Ya Neck", "Triumph" this is one act not to be missed! Prepare for the infamous and totally unpredictable wild verbal combat style of the Wu Tang Clan."

http://www.oxegen.ie

*buying ticket now*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

Holy ****...might get tickets now. I'm not sure though, there's no-one else of real interest on...and the Darkness just might lead me to suicide. I'll have to think about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Hmm
    Massive attack aswell, Still though
    Tickets priced €59.50(one day), €110(two day) and €130(two day including camping) go on sale on Friday 5th March at 9am.

not cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Fook that's dear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

It's great fun though.

I've gone their the last two years for camping weekends and well, it's a blast.
    I'll admit most the bands hardly interested me, but theirs plenty of choice beside the headliners (there's around six or seven stages for choice) and with enough booze to keep you kicking for the weekend...it's great fun.

I'd deffinitley recommend it, especially the camping side, if you can get the money together.

Are you able to get your own drink and "stuff" in without too much hassle?

• Advertisement

um, yeah relatively.

I got my drink in with my bag, hidden and didn't really get checked too much.
    I got my "stuff" in in my mouth (wasn't much of a piece to be honest, I just wanted it for the sunday)

The guys at the gates aren't really that pushed at searching you, or so it seemed to me, and the Guards...seemed to be decorations more then anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Aint gonna be the same unless its all of Wu-Tang , RZA and U-GOD are fighting between themselves then theres Ol Dirty Bastard , ya he's name is Dirt McGirt but he'll always be ODB, who knows when he's in the group or not. Looking forward to Ghostface Killah though , always been the best along with Meth when he's not doing pop songs.

It's "only" going to be RZA, GZA, Meth, Raekwon & Ghostface (that's what the site says).

But hey, like the song says, Wu Tang Clan ain't nuthin' to be ****ed wit.
    So go, and show some love for some of the godfathers of Hip Hop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by RebelRockChick
    Ghostface Killah, always been the best

No way, GZA is the best. :ninja:

Ghostface tbh even though his voice is a bit annoying

• Advertisement

RZA...
    They wouldn't be the Wu without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah as a producer, but he's hardly the most gifted rapper of the bunch.

Too true, for the sake of being different for that I'll say...
    GZA.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

genius fairly rocks ok.
    should be cool might go along.
    I saw redman last year, was fairly cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Method Man rules the Wu-Tang. FFS, he's one of the best rappers in the world! I'm pissed off cos I prob wont be here for the summer. I would have loved to see them.

Incidentally, just a boast, and I don't blame you in the slightest if you don't believe me but I actually know Method Mans father. I was working with him in Atlantic City last summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

^^^^...wow...look at me caring...$hit, there isn't even an appropriate smiley to show how bored I am...

...btw, GZA's the best...liquid swords is amazing...

Advertisement