Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing download ?

• 19-03-2004 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

This is most likely a stoopid question so feel free to whip out your lad and slap me with it ,

Was downloading a file off kazaa lite ( I know its **** dont bother telling me! ) it was a 700 mb file and I was 600 mb in. When I went to look again it had disapeared from the transfer list , it isnt in my shared folder and I cant find a folder for incomplete downloads... anyone know wheres its gone ? Is there any way to save it ?

this has happened twice so ive wasted over a gig of my cap if i cant get them back !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

lol, its probably in your antivirus quarenteen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

rofl :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Use download accelerator, its your only man for the job. You can pause it and come back later, and you specify where the saved file goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

If it is a file that is over 600 mb then you won't have too many of them on your computer.

Use Find Files and Folders and set it to search for files over 550 mb to be safe... This will list all the big files. Perhaps it's in some temp directory somewhere... It might be called filename.dat in which case renanme it to whatever format it was, i.e if ISO, renamed to filename.iso if avi renamed to filename.avi...

If no joy then you've probably lost it.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

There should be a temp folder somewhere maybe ? It'll be stored as a .dat file. Do a hd search for files of 400-700mb in size that have been changed in the last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

Originally posted by mukki
    lol, its probably in your antivirus quarenteen

i was laughing but also being totally serious, check the antivirus log, it makes sense, once the dat file is quarenteened it will disappear from the transfer list on kazaa

most kazaa files are virii

Advertisement