Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein saves the world

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Hmm - I'm still a bit wary of Sinn Féin and wouldn't vote for them but it's better that they are taking an anti-racist view point than going for some "let's keep Ireland pure and Celtic" type nonsense. I think in time and especially as things get more peaceful in the North, any links they may have or have had with terrorist groups will shrivel and die and they'll just be another political party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dirty_latino

So far, this post has shown that the average user here has absolutley no clue of who Sinn Fein are or where they have come from.

I think some reading matter may help: try 'Provos' by Peter Taylor.

And, if you don't know about a subject kindly keep your inane babble to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭David-[RLD]-

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Brits out and all that malarkey.

..correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not the whole point of Republicanism?
    If they stopped campaigning for a 32-country sovereign republic free of British rule, they wouldn't be Republican, so they wouldn't be Sinn Féin.

Aren't Sinn Fein now a Left-Wing party? Aren't left wing party's anti-racism by default?

Going back to the point earlier about the Irish BNP, I think you will find that this is now 'The BNP'!

Look into it losers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not the whole point of Republicanism

OK I will. What you are talking about is Nationalism, not republicanism.

If anyone thinks Sinn Féin are in the peace process for peace they should have their head examined. It's "The Power Process" they are interested in.

Did anyone see the documentary on TV3 after the last election about Sinn Féin canvassing? Well there was a scene in Tralee where Martin Ferris went into a pub and the band was singing The Fields of Athenry. During the chorus he stood at the door, fist raised, shouting IRA, IRA.

Sinn Féin are dangerous because they stand for the opposite of everything they pretend to stand for. They have no real policies but jump on what they see as suitable bandwagons. They work in marginalised communities not out of concern for the socially excluded but because they identified a "market" for votes. I know there are some honourable individuals within the party who genuinely do care but unfortunately their altruism is being manipulated by the masters at the top.

Very clever & very dangerous. Sinn Féin leading an anti-racism campaign - the thought nearly makes me puke :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Johnny 5

Yay! Another Sinn Fein bashing thread, third this week!

Of course it would have helped if SF hadn't of produced that anti-racism pledge, it would have done the place a heap of good!

Of course it would have helped if SF hadn't of produced that anti-racism pledge, it would have done the place a heap of good!

Yeah? And why do YOU think they produced it. Just as a matter of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thesecret7

Sinn Féin has called on political parties on both sides of the border to sign an anti-racism pledge ahead of this year’s local and European elections.

this is all a bit rich coming from the likes of the provos isnt it!!! This is the same party which was trying to ethnical cleanse Northern Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭David-[RLD]-

When did Sinn Féin try to ethnically cleanse the north?

Some might describe ethnic cleansing as a form of "final solution" if loyalists attempt to reverse United Ireland when it eventually comes along, which would just make us all look like a bunch of Nazis.

I myself am a bit on the pro-Sinn Féin side but I'm definitely the opposite of the skangers that ReefBreak described while ironically attempting to shun racism. :rolleyes:

Then again I don't like any political party in this country, especially FF and the DUP. :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by sovtek
    So I guess people in SA shouldn't vote for the ANC either?
    Very simple - in SA during aparthide >80% of the population had no say in the election of the government .
    In NI (with the exception of blatent gerrymandering in the past) power can be transferred by democtatic vote...

SF "INP" ?
    'cos FF are The Republican Party - ROFL 'cos Dev refused to accept the six counties 'cos then the unionists would have had the balance of power.

Anyway agree that SF aren't racist, they don't care about the race, colour, creed or religion of the brits that they want out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Originally posted by ishmael whale
    Anyone know where I can sign the Khmer Rouge’s Save The Whale petition?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/03/19/story138937.html

Thought you are supposed to give your views on an article in the original post as well as posting the article. Double standards on this thread ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

"Sinn Fein are the Irish BNP".............!!!!

How can you say this.....if you no anything about them you would no that Sinn Fein are Left wing and the BNP are far Right......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Groups of voters and supporters of this party whistle and spit at a parade as members of the DF march proudly by them... this represents the whole underlying scum that SF attitudes and policies have been built on.

They dont recognise the Defence forces as the legitimate army of ireland, they dont recognise the govt as the legitimate govt of ireland. they believe we have a free state govt suported by an illegal freestate army (the irish defence forces) and that the IRA are the legitmate army.

Theyll be sorely wasting time if they think that calling to MY door will get any polite response.

SF = SCUM OF THE EARTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Groups of voters and supporters of this party whistle and spit at a parade as members of the DF march proudly by them... this represents the whole underlying scum that SF attitudes and policies have been built on.
    They dont recognise the Defence forces as the legitimate army of ireland, they dont recognise the govt as the legitimate govt of ireland. they believe we have a free state govt suported by an illegal freestate army (the irish defence forces) and that the IRA are the legitmate army.

I am a supporter of SF.
    I support the DF and have many friends who serve overseas so the beliefs of SF as outlined by you above are not true.

Can I ask you when and where the above incident happenen?

Kevin Barrys re-interrment.

Martin Ferris went into a pub and the band was singing The Fields of Athenry. During the chorus he stood at the door, fist raised, shouting IRA, IRA.

Haven't seen the documentary.Why was this a surprise? Did you not know that M Ferris had IRA sympathies:p

ok... i made a boo boo, the IRA recognises SF as the only legal govt in ireland.

and that SF has decided (in 1990 i think) to recognise the irish parliament, so until 1990 they didnt.

however the spitting and whistling incident did happen.

my view is still the same, once a Terrorist always a Terrorist.

SF have as much blood on their hands as the IRA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Sinn Fein are Left wing

Only because it suits them to say they are. With no actual policies (except Brits out of the north and telling people the government is screwing them) it is hard to say where they are.

and that SF has decided (in 1990 i think) to recognise the irish parliament, so until 1990 they didnt

however the spitting and whistling incident did happen.
    I've been on the internet and can't seem to find a report anywhere.
    my view is still the same, once a Terrorist always a Terrorist
    Thats fair enough if you believe that De Valera,Collins, ,James Connolly,Countess Markiewicz ,Patrick Pearse, Nelson Mandela, Che Geuvara are too.
    With no actual policies
    http://sinnfein.ie/policies/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Originally posted by daveirl
    He did post a comment on the article "Anyone know where I can sign the Khmer Rouge’s Save The Whale petition?"

What has 'Khmer Rouge’s Save The Whale petition' got to do with the thread topic in question ?
    Afaik, Khmer Rouge are based in Cambodia and they dont have a 'save the whale' campaign.
    The poster certainly did not give initial views on whether SF anti-racism policy was good or bad. nor indifferent.

Enlighten me ? :)

Enlighten me ?

I would suggest you take course in irony :o

Why was this a surprise? Did you not know that M Ferris had IRA sympathies

It was a surprise to see them let their guard slip with cameras around. They are usually more in control of the image they want to get accross. Poor ol' Ferris is only a lightweight anyway and has a short fuse and a small brain. A lethal combination.

Thanks for that link to Sinn Féin "policies".

I think you will get a clearer picture of their policies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Valentia
    Thanks for that link to Sinn Féin "policies".

I think your confused with FF's policies, promise wonderland and then retract the promise when you realise it can't be achieved, like the hospital waiting list promise!!
    Poor ol' Ferris is only a lightweight anyway and has a short fuse and a small brain

Who topped the poll!!, doesn't say much for those who ran along side him !!

It was a surprise to see them let their guard slip with cameras around
    Again. I haven't seen this documentary but I wouldn't see that as a "slip". Why do you see it as a "slip"?
    Poor ol' Ferris is only a lightweight anyway and has a short fuse and a small brain
    He's hardly a lightweight politically. Why does he have a short fuse and small brain in your opinion?
    Well you said SF had no policies. I was just letting you know they actually do have quite extensive policies on a wide range of areas. The fact that they never get asked about them might be what lead you to thinking the opposite.

I agree with Irish in that FF policies are more fantasy than any other party

I think your confused with FF's policies

No I'm not. The FF policies are here . Well most of them anyway, with a few Labour ones and a few others that they thought might sound good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

No I'm not. The FF policies are here . Well most of them anyway, with a few Labour ones and a few others that they thought might sound good.

LOL, you mean FF are taking SF's policies on board, thats great news Valentia.

You don't seem to want to comment on the responses you got to the reamark you made about Ferris??

Advertisement