Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glastonbury '04

• 19-03-2004 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any idea who's playing Glastonbury this year? The tickets go on sale on April 1st, but I'd kinda like to know who's playing before I splash out €150 bucks. Then again, its not quite as important at Glastonbury, since you always have a wide range of acts to choose from. Anyway, most of the summer line-ups seemed to have been confirmed by now, and I was wondering if anyone knew this one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

i dont think theyv announced yet, although i read somewhere that the darkness wanted over a million to play but got refused..
    last year they were payed £100.(not even worth that imo) ..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rodney.redneck

more than likely going to go myself. you can be guaranteed there will be enough bands to keep you well entertained for the three days. i think any festival you go to, you can only really determine how good the line-up was after the event. the likes of witnness and glastonbury always manage to throw up alot of promising bands that arent well known at the time. passed line-ups will show that many went on to much bigger things. if you consider that most announcements at this stage are for the 10 or so major acts it doesnt really tell you alot as they are only a small fraction of what will be on show.

the price is £112 which is closer to €170, so its quite alot of money, im undecided whether to take the easy, cheap option and just head to Oxegen. glastonbury would be fantastic though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rodney.redneck

it was £75 and they are worth much more, i believe in a thing called love is probably one of the best pop songs i have ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

thing about glastonbury is its not just about the music.. the festival is absolutely huge.. head over on the wednesday.. set up camp.. bum around and get a feel for it, have a wander through the hippy part of the festival on the the thursday, take in the sights and sounds of the place (huge outdoor cinema field starts on thursday nights as well) and then the music starts on the friday.. head home on the monday in bits.. go you will not regret it .. the first time I went I had no idea who was playing till a month after I purchased my ticket :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭bandy

If you really want to know about the line up check out http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php?FestID=550

But as Kali indicated it wont been until well after tickets are sold out before the full line up is offically revealed. To be really honest I dont care what the line up - past experience has meant that I miss most of the bands I think I want to see by stumbling accross something way better.

As regards pricing it is beginning to be a little steep but still well worth it - remember it is a 4 or 5 24hr festival with proper camping and you can bring in as much booze/ food as you want. (ps Ryanair still as relatively cheap flights available to Bristol).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'll probably be going. The only confirmed act so far is Paul Mc Cartney, which is solid enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

A friend of mine who goes every year says Oasis and Prince will be there :ninja: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Christy Moore will play there again the firts time in ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭gudpony

Ah christy wat a legend. any1 know how much de box set is?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Its 45€ to 55€...depends which shop...YA ***

• Advertisement
Advertisement