Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ethernet dirivers for linux

Options
  • 19-03-2004 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

howdy,
    trying to find drivers for my ethernet card from sitecom 10/100Mbps. I've been to there site but all the drivers are for windows. The reason i choose the card was because it is compatible with linux. When i installed the card and booted redhat 8 it detected it and wanted to go through the configuration but i was in a rush and didn't do this, i now regret this but does anyone know 1) where i might find drivers and 2) how to get back to that configuration screen. bit of a newbie here.
    ta
    tammy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

What exact model is it?

Afaik the drivers for your card are already in the kernel (probably compiled as a module) so RedHat should be able to get them working.

I don't use RedHat but I think that if you run kudzu (RedHat's hardware detection tool) with the card installed it should detect it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Or try running netcfg or netconfig

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

thanks guys,
    in the end netconfig worked a treat, took about 3 mins and i was online. can't believe it was so simple, was expecting to be mining help files for days. nice one.

Advertisement