Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham To Make Ambitious Move For Kezman?

• 19-03-2004 4:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

(Sorry I'm posting so many treads, just this one shocked me!)
    From SoccerAge.com's most reliable source.

03/19/2004. Birmingham have been linked with making an ambitious move to sign PSV Eindhoven's highly-rated goalscorer Mateja Kezman.

The 24-year-old Serb is currently top of the Eredivisie goalscoring charts and was only beating to the European golden boot by Roy Makaay last season.

He has previously been linked with Manchester United and Barcelona, but Birmingham are understood to be interested in the £10m-rated star.

Kezman looks likely to leave the Dutch giants at the end of the season as he has been reluctant to extend his current contract, which expires in 2005.

The players agent, Chiel Dekker, told Sky Sports: "No official contact has come to us from Birmingham, but Mateja would respect any club that made an approach for him.

"He has explained his ambitions and they are to move abroad. He wants to move and PSV know this. I have talked with Mateja and we think the best leagues for him to play in are England and Spain.

"He wants to move to a good side having played Champions League football for many years with PSV - but he would move to any club with a good standard."
    Rob Hogley

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

PSV are buggered, they're falling to bits in the league and Robben and Kezman are away.
    Ah, maybe they'll dig up a couple of decent Brazilians on the cheap, or Chelsea might loan them a new midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

PSV have a long long history of bringing in Brazillians.

Kezman would be a great catch for Birmingham if they could land him. He has a great scoring record for PSV. He'd probably prefer to go to a team in the Champions League but if they make the right offer...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Well they will have chelsea bank rolling them next season, they are basically going to become nursery club, the first player they will get from the deal is Alex (young brazilian defender) and i'd say there will be 3 or 4 more before next season starts.
    (this is about PSV, not B-Ham)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    He'd probably prefer to go to a team in the Champions League but if they make the right offer...
    Who says Birmingham won't be a CL team next season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

lets hope Mr. Sheperd comes up with some money and Kezman ends up at Newcastle:D

well i hope so

• Advertisement

Apparently Newcastle are going to sign Emile Mpenza in the summer, now that would be a very good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I hope theres some foundation to that becasue Mpenza is class , did he move to Standard from schalke or am i playing too much championship manager ?

He did move to standerd from Shalke, and as far as i know they would let him go cheap.
    And this roumer has been flying about for a few weeks now in Belgium, so it seems fairly solid.

Advertisement