Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help here?

Options
  • 19-03-2004 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm the admin for a college club site, and I'm looking for a ranking system for the bulletin board we use. Any suggestions?

Cheers, WP

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

what kind of ranking system?
    what language?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Well, look to your left. You're a freak (apparently), and I'ma Newbie.

Something like that. I was going for the FCA ranking system,

1 Recruit
    25 Private
    250 Corporal
    600 Sergeant
    900 Sergeant Major
    1200 Lieutenant
    1600 Captain
    2000 Commandant

But tis taken.

Something similiar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You are using PHPbb for your bulletin board, for which there are numerous modifications you can get, including ranking systems.

Go to their site, search for one, download it and follow the instructions that come with it carefully to include it in your own bulletin board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you are using vBullettin all you need to do is create new user titles dependent on the number of posts that they have. Simple. No modifications required :)

(unless I misunderstood what you are trying to do)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I think you have. The problem is, I'm trying to think up of witty user titles, and am stumped! Although I'll give Corinthian's suggestion a go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

D'oh. I see that now
    I was tired at the time!

Advertisement