Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Denied (Danger Will Robinson)

Options
  • 19-03-2004 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭

Yes..... anyways i had a previous install which i had to overwrite due to me being a dumbass and thinking that it would solve my bsod errors when infact it was a dodgy bios settings... that i set myself. Self slagging aside, i had a folder in the previous install that was marked as private, that contained my documents and the like, various video projects, etc. Now my problem is with this clean install is that i can't access anything in that folder 'Access Denied'. I have since gotten around it using data recovery software to built the contents onto another section of my hard drive, but because it's 'Access Denied' it wont let me delete the bugger, which is over 3 gigs. I havn't got much disk space left so i kinda need those 3 gigs. Any advice on how to kill the folder? Have tried deltree in dos but it doesn't work. And yes i am root/systems administrator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

what are the security permissions on the folder, add urself as having full controll of it and all subfolders in the security tab in properties window

• Registered Users Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭MrVestek

EEErrrrm... how? I dont see any options to let me have control of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Follow the directions in this thread : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147548

A little searching would have had you sorted out quicker - this thread was even on the same page...

EDIT: - you don't say what version of windows you're using. If its 2000 or XP Pro, you can skip the safe mode bit. In XP Pro, you'll have to turn off simple file sharing (Tools => Folder Options => View)

Advertisement