Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trezeguet to Gunners?

• 19-03-2004 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

Seen here
    I cant really see this happening but it would be great to see him moving to England. Anyone else heard anything about this or read anything in the papers. Where would he fit in with Arsenal with Reyes replacing Bergkamp.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Well it would be exactly what the gunners need, and big far post type Centre forward to play with Henry, the only thing is can they match the type of wages Barce have said they would pay Trez if he joins them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Yeh him and Henry together is a scary thought for Manyoo fans:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Wow. We obviously need another striker because we only splashed out €17m on one last month! Sounds like pure media speculation to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Every club needs 4 top quality strikers, all managers say that, and it's a point I agree with totally.
    Look at Roma, Chelsea, Juve and so on.

Bergkamp is getting on, Wiltord is going to PSG, Kanu is muck and Aliadire is still not ready, so Arsenal need another striker in mu opinion.

Also Trez would be allowed to leave for about ˆ12 - ˆ15 as his contract is up in just over a year, his wages are amazingly low, he has said he wants out and Juve already have cover in the form of Marco Di Vaio and Fabrizio Miccoli.

tbh I cant see him going to arsenal after buying Reyes like mr.angry said but I'd say hes a possible target for Manyoo or Chelski

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If they sell Ljunberg to Madrid I could see it happening. Play Pires on the right and Reyes on the left or vice versa.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

hmm

i heard this rumour a while back, interesting to see it coming back again. If results go Arsenal's way in the CL & FA cup and they don't fuck up the PL, they could very easily afford him i reckon. I wouldn't be surprised if he was interested in joining up with Henry, Vieira, Pires, Wenger etc at Arsenal. I'd be delighted if he did, as potentially it would leave a strikeforce of:

Henry, Bergkamp, Reyes, Trezeguet, Aliadiere, Bentley.

My main concern would be what happens to Reyes. He probably won't be ready to partner Henry next season (he'll rotate with Bergkamp), so another worldclass striker could be very useful in the short term. If Trezeguet signed though, Reyes would never get into the first team as a striker. I suppose he could be moved out onto the wing if Ljungberg was sold, or groomed as the successor to Pires.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Friend of mine in Barcelona reckons a deal for Kluivert is already signed and he'll move in the summer. Very cheap transfer, but he'll pick up a lot in wages

i hope not, he's a lazy ballix, would cost a fortune in wages, and probably wouldn't suit the gunners style of play any better than Jeffers has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    If they sell Ljunberg to Madrid I could see it happening. Play Pires on the right and Reyes on the left or vice versa.

Nah. Pires would leave dodgy Lauren too exposed. Anyway, didn't Wenger say he'd blown his entire transfer budget on Reyes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Nah. Pires would leave dodgy Lauren too exposed. Anyway, didn't Wenger say he'd blown his entire transfer budget on Reyes?
    Yes, but if Ljunberg does leave their will be an extra 25mil (?) to spend.

Originally posted by mr_angry
    All of last summer's budget, which was £10m. He'll have another £10m (potentially more depending on the CL run etc) this summer.

Back to Trezeguet, this actually reminded me of Henry's hotty-wife's blog, it's full of pictures of herself&Henry and Trezeguet and his other half. The four of them seem to be very good friends.

/me crosses fingers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I personally would love to see it happen.

Trezequet and Henry up front would be the perfect combination. I dont think Reyes has been bought as an out and out Striker either, I see him as a long term replacement for Bergkamp.

Yes, but if Ljunberg does leave their will be an extra 25mil (?) to spend.
    Cant see anyone paying this much for him. Especcially with the way the market is atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I'd rather if this was true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Trez wont go to Arsenal. Too expensive + no space :( love to see it though as him and Henry know eachother well.

any1 got a pic of henry's wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

Originally posted by crowl
    Yeh him and Henry together is a scary thought for Manyoo fans:eek:

come on, how would trezegeut be as scary thaught for man utd when he is the most absolute overrated player in europe- he's rubbish!!
    del piero has been carrying him in juventus for the last couple of years!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Del Piero hasn't been able to carry his shopping home for years. Trezeguet is a class finisher - not the most elegant player in the world, but a savage eye for goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

As a Man United fan I'd hate to see it happen.
    Trezeguet is one of the best players in the world, and imo better than Henry as a Forward.

Seeing them together would be just, scary :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement