Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN data configurations

Options
  • 19-03-2004 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a point to point isdn line in Dublin with a cisco 803 router configured and connected. A colleague in the UK has been trying to access the router for a number of weeks but keeps getting the error "destination out of order". I have talked with eircom on numerous occasions and they tell me the line is set-up ok and working fine. I have had the router ocnfigurations checked and they appear to be correct.

Has anybody any ideas about what is happening? The router was configured by a BT engineer...are there any particular differences between BT and eircom's isdn networks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Failure code 27 "Destination out of order" indicates that the destination indicated by the user cannot be reached because the interface to the destination is not functioning correctly. The term “not functioning correctly” indicates that a signaling message was unable to be delivered to the remote party; for example, a physical layer or data link layer failure at the remote party, or the equipment of the user is offline.

It looks like either your line is faulty (perhaps not Point-to-Point) or your Cisco is badly configured or not connected properly.

The Cisco ISDN Troubleshooting flowchart can be found at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094bb8.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

For the record i have a really annoying problem with eircom, have 5 ISDN lines from them all set point to point, they regularly switch one back to point to multipoint, you ring them they deny it, ends up with an engineer coming on site and saying yep thats "point to multipoint" or it being sent to a senior engineer in the ISDN NOC and they usually fix it in an hour or two.

Advertisement