Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ClickSilver ..just died...again !

• 19-03-2004 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

Gone again , after a 30 minute hold for support they said they believe it is outside their network . So another night of this ****e then !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

My IOL BB went just a second ago... for 10 mins. Now it is back up again....

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Back on for me at 18:11.

It lasted about an hour in total (for me anyhow).

edit: BTW on clicksilver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

Same here, just got back on but its up and down. Support said they had received no other complaints and to leave it with them. Seriously considering buying out this contract and getting rid of UTV for good, it's just not worth the hassle any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

ive been connected for about an hour and a half with no problems :confused:

(Clicksilver, on Blanchardstown exchange)

<edit> i was one of the users who was disconnected last night btw </edit>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Back here again , ...Limerick .

Hope it stays , otherwise have to spend the night talking to the wife :o

John.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Look, its going to be the same for all resold eircom dsl products. My iol connect went down for about 15 minutes. Stop whinging about UTV, its eircoms fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

f'ing clicksilver! down every 30 mins... have to restart my router every time & that seems to bring it back up.

& no its not a problem with my router.. it was perfect up to yesterday

Originally posted by Gerry
    Look, its going to be the same for all resold eircom dsl products. My iol connect went down for about 15 minutes. Stop whinging about UTV, its eircoms fault.

Thanks for that Gerry , and I presume you know all about the hassle's some ppl have had with UTV , you being on iol an all that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Afaik it was esats backhaul that caused the trouble, so its actually Esats fault not eircoms or UTV's. Seriously lads could you stop the whining

Originally posted by PcP
    Support said they had received no other complaints and to leave it with them.

Odd really , considering I was on the phone to them , maybe I am no one .

John.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Skanger
    Afaik it was esats backhaul that caused the trouble, so its actually Esats fault not eircoms or UTV's. Seriously lads could you stop the whining

The guy on UTV support a minute ago said it was Eircom's fault last night , so where did you get your information ?

John.

I'll whinge about whoever and whatever I want thanks.
    Afaik
    Yeah I've seen the results of that before :rolleyes:

John I rang about ten minutes after it went down so maybe just pipped ye to the post :D

Originally posted by PcP
    I'll whinge about whoever and whatever I want thanks. Yeah I've seen the results of that before :rolleyes:

John I rang about ten minutes after it went down so maybe just pipped ye to the post :D

Yea I'm not going to get into this with you, but that thread you where so far off topic it wasn't even funny, no wonder I had trouble keeping track of what you where ranting and raving on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Sorry but I don't see how this isn't UTV and IOL's fault. As far as I am concerned, I buy my services off of them... If it goes offline it's there fault.

If they have crappy suppliers i.e. Change (which isn't possible)

OR

As most of us do, complain and refuse to pay for shoddy, unreliable services.

I notice how none of the Eircom subscribers are having any problems...

Eircom looks after it's own... I don't like to be paranoid but I have visions of an Eircom employer sitting at the switch/hub/router/whatever kicking the plug in and out while singing Queen "Don't stop me now..."

X

Yea I'm not going to get into this with you, but that thread you where so far off topic it wasn't even funny, no wonder I had trouble keeping track of what you where ranting and raving on about.
    Yeah sure thing mate, your on the ball as always. Dunno what I was thinking..

Originally posted by PcP
    Yeah sure thing mate, your on the ball as always. Dunno what I was thinking..

No problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It was down for me again today, and now just back up. And YEAH...i'll bitch and whine all i want about it, thank you.

I called and asked for compensation...i am NOT paying them good money for a patchy service, i'll be damned if i pay them for two days of loss.

The bills are high enough as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sorry don't aggree with you there, afaik Netsource resell eircoms products and no-one from them is complaining (this time!!) , neither are eircoms customers .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

As I explained earlier, these faults are down to Esat/BTs incompetence. It is out of UTVs hands. I'm not saying don't complain - it's still UTVs job to give you the service, no matter who they may use - but just realise that it's not their fault.

Originally posted by Moriarty
    As I explained earlier, these faults are down to Esat/BTs incompetence. It is out of UTVs hands. I'm not saying don't complain - it's still UTVs job to give you the service, no matter who they may use - but just realise that it's not their fault.

Yep now thats something I can believe in.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Moriarty

As I said above , the guy from UTV phone support said it was Eircoms fault , I said that I had heard it was Esat's and he said no , it was definitely eircoms . So who is right here .

John.

Esat's managers know they have a problem with their network at the moment and have said as much to people. They have been looking at it since yesterday evening. Maybe eircom is having unrelated problems at the moment aswell, I don't know.

If thats the same managers that handle customer service..all hope is lost!!

No, no it's not :)

clicksilver gone again for me atm

roches st exchange Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

Here we go again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

maybe the mods should make this thread a sticky as everytime i log onto boards clicksilvers down :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nearly evertime I browse boards I read that clicksilver is down again, seriously tho its gone beyond a joke at this stage, if I were on clicksilver I would get out of the contract staight away even if it meant to pay a fee coz that aint broadband having to rely on 56k as backup due to almost weekly connection blackouts. Makes me wonder do utv actually know what is causing all these problems and how long more is it gonna be acting up for:(

Phoned support , waited for just short of 30 minutes for an answer .

They have been getting reports of outages since 7:30 , they said that their cheif engineer is looking into it .

I asked them if they could post on newsgroup when it comes back .

John.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

tis very slow here (Dundalk) tbh, been like it for a few days :(

Advertisement