Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ClickSilver ..just died...again !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Clicksilver on the blink again, shocking is that.

Don't know why you all put up with that. IOL BB might have it's moments but ClickSilver seems to be more hassle than anything else.

Oh well.. this is what we have looked forward to for some years.... always (wr)on(g) internet...

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

they said that their cheif engineer is looking into it

ACH! SHE CAN NAIGH TAKE THE STRAIN, SIR! :rolleyes:

*cough* *awkward pause* *more coughing* yes, bad joke.... *runs away screaming*

ANYways...clicksilver sucks... ahem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Off here again (Arklow) :rolleyes:

What's the deal with the dial up number? I take it we are paying by the minute for it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Could the thread title be changed to exclude the 'again' part?

Does anyone know to what extent UTV are in a position to monitor the quality of the service they are giving or do they only learn of a break when the irate phone calls start pouring in?

Anyone know if any of the other ISP's are affected or is it just UTV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

ANYways...clicksilver sucks... ahem...

nice recovery man biggrin.gif
    Anyone know if any of the other ISP's are affected or is it just UTV?

eircom not affected thats for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Well im on with IOL BB.. No probs tonight *wahey*

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Scratch that post , new info to hand , but still not connected and still no update

Just back now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Thanks for the info Jonski :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

can i ask all you clicksilver heads this question,
    when you ring up for technical support how long does it take to get your average problem sorted out?
    Im an Iol BB customer and EVERYTIME i ring up iol im on the phone for at least a half hour.
    Take the last time i rang them,simply to order an ethernet modem as i had busted up the crappy usb modem they had given me in a fit of rage one day because the connection was painfully slow,it took me 45 minutes to order the new modem,45 MINUTES ,i mean like wtf....

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Nyum Nyum
    Thanks for the info Jonski :)

No problem , I thought someone should let the customers know .

John.

Originally posted by Garth_Vader
    can i ask all you clicksilver heads this question,
    when you ring up for technical support how long does it take to get your average problem sorted out?
    Im an Iol BB customer and EVERYTIME i ring up iol im on the phone for at least a half hour.
    Take the last time i rang them,simply to order an ethernet modem as i had busted up the crappy usb modem they had given me in a fit of rage one day because the connection was painfully slow,it took me 45 minutes to order the new modem,45 MINUTES ,i mean like wtf....

it took me just short of 30 minutes just to have someone pick up the phone , but they couldn't really give me any information then .

No problem , I thought someone should let the customers know .

I am sure Malcom will arrange to have the cheque posted on to you for your excellent work on behalf of UTV:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

hmmm ok then,well is there any way of me getting out of my iol deal?
    coz tbh their connection is sh*t,the support team are even worse and for them to get anything done takes about 6 weeks
    any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

This is ****ing disgraceful I was disconnected from 7 and could not connect again until 12, and something similarly happened yesterday as well, **** sakes!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    This is ****ing disgraceful I was disconnected from 7 and could not connect again until 12, and something similarly happened yesterday as well, **** sakes!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Exact same here @ Carrigaline, Co.Cork. Disconnected @ 7.04 pm and I tried reconnecting until about 11.30 pm with no luck, it works again this morning though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Ditto for Haddington road. disconnected at 7 'till late.

i'm only on Clicksliver since friday and i'm already wondering if i've made a big mistake....

p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by pekelly
    i'm only on Clicksliver since friday and i'm already wondering if i've made a big mistake....

No wondering about it... you have!

Ah but seriously though.. there were a few weeks there when it worked pretty well. The downtime last night was a complete kick in the knickers though. My poor ol' router is starting to see spots from being restarted too much

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

UTV should really stop taking on new customers here in the south to their clicksilver service for the moment untill they sort out what the hell is causing all these problems. People have waited long enough for broadband but then to get broadband that only works sometimes is a bit hard to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

I was on last night with no problem well nearly the whole day 16hrs.
    I'm on the Bray exchange.
    I was diconnected 2 days ago and went all over the computer trying to find out what was causing me to get disconnected :mad:
    Then i came on here to find out that it wasn't my fault. I hope there aren't anymore disconnections but it sort of helps me a bit cause i can control myself with the downloads. I have been able to so far only used about 570mb in the first five days which aint half bad. Its 8gig a month so when it comes near the end it will be download central for me if i can keep control.

Bit off topic but do they really ring you and how early do they ring u before u go over the limit?

Also can someone give me the news server they use for clicksilver cause i cant find the utv newsgroup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by colin300
    Bit off topic but do they really ring you and how early do they ring u before u go over the limit?

Also can someone give me the news server they use for clicksilver cause i cant find the utv newsgroup?

Charles said they will 'contact you' (email? telephone? don't know) if you go over the limit. I've went over the limit a few times (by about a gig or two), and I haven't been contacted yet. They will more than likely come down harder on those who go over the limit on the new €29.99-48:1-8GB package because they have to offer an incentive to customers to take the more expensive 16GB-24:1 package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

D15 is clickslower down again http://u.tv/support/status/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

just got mine back up after a router restart. Crap speed.

and another restart... same crap speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

can someone tell me where do i get my webspace and website from utv?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Speeds all over the place again tonight, dial up would be better at the moment.

No E-Mails answered by UTV support re problems over the past 5 days. (except for ticket numbers)

I am convinced that they dont give a hoot about the customers in the republic, but I am told that if your bank makes a mistake in not paying a direct debit on time or their billing system screws up, they are very, very quick to send you a very, very snotty e-mail.

So anyone reading this and thinking of going BB with UTV think again.

Originally posted by Aepos

I am convinced that they dont give a hoot about the customers in the republic, but I am told that if your bank makes a mistake in not paying a direct debit on time or their billing system screws up, they are very, very quick to send you a very, very snotty e-mail.

I have often wondered about that! How tolerant would they be if we gave the same excuses they give us constantly for the poor service. Sorry Malcolm no money in my account this month to meet the direct debit but its completely outside my control!

My boss didnt pay me this month! Its a third party thing really honestly..........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by rymus
    just got mine back up after a router restart. Crap speed.

and another restart... same crap speed.
    Please tell me why you afto restart your router, because I am having the same problems with IOLBB, what happens is that I lose the connection and that somehow freezes the router - forcing me to restart it. Is that what is happening to you?, because if it is it would mean that my router is OK and that its the crap network problems that are the root of the freezes. These crashes, for me, have only started occuring since the network probs started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

I'm seriously pissed off mostly about the lack of any communication from utv, during and after such outages as we had in the last weeks. I'm thinking about starting a domain utvsucks.com or clicksilverblowz.com or something similar. Any1 has good suggestions for a domain name? It will be a text only, single page informational website, just facts put together about how crap utv is. I'm really mad at myself for signing that new 12 months contract for 30E/mo

@OfflerCrocGod: I realized that my router (smc 802.11b + switch + broadband) stops 'redialing' the connection after several attempts so I reboot it once in a while, for example when I reallize that the connection went dead in the middle of the night and I have still no ip when I wake up in the morning. I think rymus does it for a similar reason

edit: from 100 pings - 6% packet loss presently, pings to boards.ie ranging from 74 to 161ms.

Originally posted by silent
    I'm seriously pissed off mostly about the lack of any communication from utv, during and after such outages as we had in the last weeks. I'm thinking about starting a domain utvsucks.com or clicksilverblowz.com or something similar. Any1 has good suggestions for a domain name? Text only, single page informational website. I'm really mad at myself for signing that new 12 months contract for 30E/mo

I think what generated such goodwill originally for UTV is the very thing thats now really annoying people. When I went to UTV first they were really a breath of fresh air they were in touch with their customers and seemed very anxious to keep things that way. There was also the fact that they offered considerable financial savings! That generated a lot of loyalty in their customers but really they are now taking that loyalty very much for granted.

Speedy and open communication can make up for a lot but the absence of any sort of communication combined with the ongoing poor service is really disastrous.

My own feeling on it is that UTV have simply taken on too much in their efforts to expand in the republic and that the resources have not been put in place to deal with the demands put on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Surely any contract is a two way thing and if UTV are not providing what they advertised then the validity of such a contract is questionable.

Anyone on boards.ie with the necessary legal qualifications willing to give an informed (free) opinion?

Cheers

Advertisement