Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf Vietnam so disapointing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I haven't had a single problem, graphics or sound wise.

Well, except that I'd overclocked my gfx card too much and had to turn that down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by f1refox
    Battlefield Vietnam does not support some of the hardware features of the ATI 9800. If you experience strange graphical anomalies with this card, exit Battlefield Vietnam and bring up the display properties on your desktop. Click on Settings -> Advanced -> 3D. In the 3D settings for Direct3D make sure the "Use custom settings" box is not checked. If it is, make sure the "Application Preference" checkboxes for anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering are turned on.

That has nothing to do with BFV "not supporting some hardware features", it simply doesnt have an ingame tickbox to enable AA or AF. Its exactly the same on any card. Afaik, BFV is still a DX8 game (graphically at least), therefore it wont look any better on FX or high end ATI cards than a Geforce3.

Lots of games require the user to manually force AA/AF.

Matt

Originally posted by Jammer
    I find Americas Army to be better with say 4 players...we play it on our wLAN here...playing BF1942/Vietnam with 4 isnt great because the bots are stupid (i had 4 of them on my team sitting in a chopper and not taking off at a spawn point...they do it with the truck things too) . At least with Americas Army your playin again just humans.

BFVietnam doesnt run great on my rig (AMD XP3200+, 512mb, GeForce 4 Ti4200), hopefully when i get a new gfx i'll be able to throw up the settings from the medium.

We could remove the bots you know, then it would be like AA!? I would count the lack of bots in AA as a major negative, not a bonus. I hope however someone comes out with a third party AI script for BFV, to "humanise" them a bit.

You need more ram btw, just like me. I notice BFV constantly needs to go back to the HDD to load content during the game, causing major slowdowns.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Matt Simis

Lots of games require the user to manually force AA/AF.

Matt

and to manually force it do you just turn up the settings to quality in the direct3d and openGl tabs?

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    and to manually force it do you just turn up the settings to quality in the direct3d and openGl tabs?

Well, thats one way. The new ATI drivers have presets called "quality" and "high quality" (or something similar). If you just press "Custom", then you are presented with a screen that makes it very straightforward to select whatever level you want of AA/AF.

Mind you, the nVidia drivers are easier and have per- game settings.

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

thanks matt. i thought that putting the settings up to highest would enable some AA and AF but i wasn't sure, i've put 4XAA and 8XAF on and i'll see how it plays later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Originally posted by Matt Simis

You need more ram btw, just like me. I notice BFV constantly needs to go back to the HDD to load content during the game, causing major slowdowns.

Matt

I know this. I will get another 512mb stick this weekend maybe, then a new graphics card, then a new sound card...the list goes on!

Advertisement