Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else experiencing UTVipXL speed problems at the moment?

Options
  • 19-03-2004 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Each time I've dialled the XL number today I've heard three long beeps followed by strange dial tones. I then connect at 12.0kbps (as opposed to 24 or 26 normally). The PAYG UTV number, Pigsback number and XL rollover number are all working as normal.

UTV support told me that mine was the first report of this they'd had all day. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Edit: It's getting worse-I'm connected at 7.2kbps now.:rolleyes: Coincidentally we had the Eircom winback heavies around late Tuesday night (I had thought we'd be safe residing in the wilds of Mayo but apparently not) and I had told them how good our XL speeds were compared to the Eircom PAYG number. Hmm....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

ive had the stange beeps and dificulty in connecting for the past week or so.... could not connect to remote server... no answer from remote etc etc

getting to be a pain in the arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Good to know I'm not the only one-I've had a few failed connection attempts well.

I'm still connecting at 7.2 on XL, even at 4am. Just tried the pigsback payg number, got the weird tones and it hung on me. Tried pigsback again and it is ok now. :dunno:

Have made two calls to UTV support and am still waiting for them to call me back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

yeah me too. Cant connect to any pages...keeps asking for my password when checking emails.

Advertisement