Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article]Powell Snubbed in Iraq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

I saw that on RTE and TV3 news today. The report said that the two reporters were killed by accident by US soldiers. One has to ask how many people they kill by "accident".

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Funny that, there's a program on about Iraq and the "war" right now, and Powell is being interviewed. Here's what I can't figure out -- what changed with Powell? Before the UN presentation, he came across as very level-headed and straight, but that day he seemed to flip his entire philosophy on Iraq on it's head. Was he provided with genuine evidence, or threatened, or offered something?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Who knows with that guy. Himself, Rummsfeld, Cheny and Bush Sr. all seem to have major issues like this from time to time. I think it's something that's shared between them. A disease of some sort. A lust for blood and civilian death perhaps. They are all supporters of that.

He did seem a bit put out that the reporters left though, I don't think he expected that.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Funny that, there's a program on about Iraq and the "war" right now, and Powell is being interviewed. Here's what I can't figure out -- what changed with Powell? Before the UN presentation, he came across as very level-headed and straight, but that day he seemed to flip his entire philosophy on Iraq on it's head. Was he provided with genuine evidence, or threatened, or offered something?

adam

Powell did seem more level headed compared to the rest of the Bushies...but essentially he was a hired hand. With Paul Oniell and others who got axed for not towing the line "staying on message" in Bushspeak it's no wonder that he's echoed their rhetoric.
    But Powell is no dove by any stretch of the imagination.

Advertisement