Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Ping

• 19-03-2004 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭

i know this was probably answered like a bazillion times before but the threads in here are so many and oh so big

so, if i could get a straight answer please
    what is the usual expected ping from IBB Breeze Home, in the Ballycoolin/Blanchardstown area? for gaming (counter strike)

thnx :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

You can expect pings of around

But sometimes they are even better than that ;) Think small!

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

ahem... im stoopid, so please dont be joking about it:(

im not sure if youre serious or not

are IBB seriously bad at gaming pings?

or are they just slightly higher than other broadbands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

They can be as low as 25ms in game ( i got that once in an irish server) but typically 50ms in british servers, but ONLY when you have the VL equipment. If you have the standard stuff, expect between 70 and 700. It all depends on your connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by quank
    ahem... im stoopid, so please dont be joking about it:(

im not sure if youre serious or not

are IBB seriously bad at gaming pings?

or are they just slightly higher than other broadbands?
    When it's working right, IBB HomeBreeze pings are lower than DSL pings. It's not always working right, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 XcellorV2

heh...

Sorry 20 ms around that... I gave you the ping in nanoseconds... That's why I said think small... ;)

X

• Advertisement
Advertisement