Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has US Policy Caused Terrorism?

Options
  • 19-03-2004 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

This poll is open for discussion on whether or not US foreign policy has caused the terrorist actions we see before us today. More specifically, US policies from the 70's on through the 90's.

Vote:

YES - if you think US foreign policy is responsible
    NO - if you think US foreign policy is not responsible
    Undecided/Don'tCare - if you are undecided or you don't care

Please discuss your reasons for voting either way.

Has US Policy Caused Terrorism? 17 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    76% 13 votes
    Undecided/Don't Care
    23% 4 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I voted yes, but it's not strictly accurate: "Caused" implies - in my mind at least - a binary "one or the other" equation, which I don't adhere to. I believe U.S. foreign policy has exacerbated terrorism to a very large degree, but they're far from the only country responsible for it. Just the worst.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Yes, I apologise for the poor choice of wording here. But in a sense "cause" could mean additional terrorism and it was in that sense that I indended it. I think people get the meaning anyway. If it's a problem I'll contact a mod and ask for a reset (thanks to Dahamsta).
    I'd have to agree that US foreign policy seems to have had the undesired effect in the past, but I wouldn't say they had 9/11 coming to them or anything.

I would say had the US not imposed themselves on the middle east then 9/11 would not have happened.

As for the Morrocans and accountability I will be skeptic about that, as I generally am about claims in the media. Look at 9/11 with the amazing claims that were made there also which turned out to be nothing in the end.

Nick

Advertisement