Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moaning mofo's

• 20-03-2004 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Well i don't often make posts unless i have something worth saying but i decided that its time to mention how pissed off i am reading people piss and moan about matches and storyline. i recently read nero's match by match opinion of wmxx and all i could see throught the whole review was at least one moan about each match appart from eddie v kurt, basically i know that as fans we all have our opinions on how things would be better but the fact is theres nothing any of u can do about it really unless u turn off the program, which i reckon is what most of u people who moan so much should do. i mean its like ur being strapped to ur chairs and forced to watch this stuff. sure they could've done alot more to improve wmxx, but i didnt see anyone praise the top notch work done by the wwe production theme with the match promo's, the opening promo etc and what about the set design at wmxx, it ****ing ruled, notice how kanes entrance was like looking at nyc on fire? cool ass idea and great production work, what about the lighting work in the stage? excellently done and never done before on any wrestling show. one particular moan that pissed me off was one that nero made about cena v big show being the opening match...well did u ever stop and thing that maybe the wwe were not pushing cena down that card as a disrespect but rather showing an amazing amout of faith in him to kick off the show and get the crowd going in an effort to kick the show off with a bang? and then theres everyone moaning like a bunch on bitches about seeing taker v kane....its like ur all programed to moan when u see the two names with a "vs" in between them.....they had a good match, which had good build up, it wasnt dragged out to 20 minutes, it was short and pretty sweet from what i saw, nothing sloppy from taker who hadnt been in a ring in a while. dont get me wrong if i had 10 minutes to tell vince mcmahon what i think could improve the show i'd have alot to say....but i dont and neither do any of u, so what i do is sit back and watch every show i can because i have since i was old enough to watch a tv and if i watch a ppv i enjoy alot, i buy the dvd, if i dont like it i'll keep watching anyway because i know there'll be alot of the show i do enjoy. basically i'm just fed up with people looking at every bad aspect of the product at the moment and not taking much notice of the good points. i'm sure ur all fans that have watched for years and all that blah blah blah and theres no harm in talking about stuff that wasnt good and stuff that can be done here or there, but its just come to a point where its alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll moaning, criticising, more moaning, a whine here a bitch there another moan, a rant about "cripple h", "why does hbk still think he's a kid?", "when will benoit win a title match?", c'mon, enough of the constant moaning, turn it off if it bothers u so much or else put on some wrestling gear, grown a mullet, call urself the 80's kid and try get into wwe and make a difference if u think u can

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

And you went through how many posts before you wrote that pile of crap? Whoop-de-do, another post where i got singled out yet again! If you're looking for attention thats one thing but you're really boring the majority of the forum. Yeah, we thought Mania was disappointing, and for the second year in a row!

Does anyone else see the stinging irony that eventhough the topic is moany mofo's, that the poster has actually done more moaning in that one post, that the rest of the forum has in a total of three weeks (going back to benoit getting a title shot and the hbk name reference).

To answer your questions, the NYC going on fire backdrop was a tad tasteless and disrespectful in light of what happened in Madrid a couple of days earlier, I respect the fact that nobody could have predicted what happened, but you're talking about a massacre that pretty much topped 9/11, not to mention the fact that it was shown all around the world, INCLUDING SPAIN!

If you like watching Undertaker V Kane six times a year every year, then knock yourself out, I for one aren't gonna agree with ya so quit bitching because i don't! :)

And you call us moany f*cks? You've posted about 10 times on this forums, 9 of them being moans about it's posters, so how about looking in the mirror, take a long hard look as you're pretty much bitching about your own reflection :)

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

but i didnt see anyone praise the top notch work done by the wwe production theme with the match promo's, the opening promo etc and what about the set design at wmxx, it ****ing ruled
    How many posts did you read? Cos I commented (positivly) on all mentioned above.

I want you to go away because you anoy me. How old are you 12? 13?

I pay for PPVS, I pay for my digital bill, I pay for tickets. And do you know how I get that money? I work for it. I go to work every day and work so I can spend my hard earned wages on what I want. And then you say we dont have a right to express our oppinion? Talk about freedom of speech!

Are you telling me that if you go into McDonnalds and buy a burger covered in maggots and horse sh1t you will say: OH WELL I GUESS I BETTER EAT IT AND NOT COMPLAIN! Its the very same thing. Like I said above its called freedom of speech.

You say all we do is moan. Do you think we hate wrestling or something? If we did, do u think Nero would know everything about it. EXAMPLE: Nero, how long was Vince McMahons left big toe nail on the 21st of September 1994? If we hated it do u think Smiaras would post the RAW and Smackdown reviews for us every week?

Go figure! I bet your a little angry, so Im willing to forget all this and give u a hug :) Come on it will make you feel better.

Hanza

How long was his big toenail at the end of September? Probably long enough for him to stick it up his ass given the stuff he approved to be booked around that time, that was a month after the Undertaker V Undertaker match!!! ;)

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

1. use paragraphs - i read the first couple lines of you post and then gave up. no structure whatsoever.

2. if were all such moaning bastards on this board, u dont have to read/post here. in short go away rather than rant.

3. methinks xero's name is a dig at nero. possibly xero = desmond wolf = god knows how many other gob****es who seem to logon here for a week, have a go, then piss off. i wonder if its 1 bloke who has a chip on his shoulder. bombidol any chance of an ip trace?

• Advertisement

Nah, i don't think they're the same guys. Besides, as bombidol said a while back.
    It's good to get all the moaning out of your system ;)

Besides, he got me a f*ckload of vids :)
    Nero

How long was his big toenail at the end of September? Probably long enough for him to stick it up his ass given the stuff he approved to be booked around that time, that was a month after the Undertaker V Undertaker match!!!
    Huh! :)

Point proven...

Hanza

Ya didn't see that one comin' now did ya?!! ;)
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Xero

hold on.....i didnt single nero out, i just used his post regarding wmxx as an example, and i didnt say that EVERYBODY was complaining....but alot are....way too many and far too often....and i didnt have to track back through many posts to see how much people were moaning, and who really gives a crap if nero knows how many times vince plays with his wang everyday or how long shanes nose hairs are, u can have all the knowledge about the wwe u like, it doesnt take away from the fact that people are moaning wayyy too much at this point

Yes we are and with just cause over a product that was hyped up for well over six months that simply didn't deliver to a lot of people.

It's called unhappy customers ;)
    Nero

• Advertisement

yeah but unhappy customers dont usually continue to buy from the same shop

They do if they're given no choice in the matter. And it's getting that way slowly.
    Nero

theres plenty of other wrestling companys out there, they have dvd's and vids available if people have no interest in watching wwe

and dude whats the deal with u being so over sensitive about the image of nyc on fire during kanes entance? it was excellent production work, it wasnt an image of buildings falling a la 9/11, it was just a stage dude.

has every movie that has featured a building being blown up or buildings on fire been in bad taste since 9/11?...c'mon man enough already, its time to move on and stop being so sensitive, and what happened in spain has nothing to do with kanes entrance at a wrestling event in nyc

and another point someone made earliar....just because i dont feel the need to post very often, does that mean i dont have a right to make a post when i feel i have something important to say and does the fact that i dont post often detract from the credibility of my point?

and just to clear up a couple of other things...

no i'm not some other c0ck-sucker that posted here before

xero is not a dig at nero.....some people think too much

i met nero once, seems like a cool enough guy

i'm not 12 or 13.....i are 20

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

The WWE is a bit like Eircom. Its been around ages, you've gotten used to it, it'll ultimately piss you off and be bad, but sometimes be good - but more bad than good probably - but there's no real viable alternative!

Originally posted by Xero
    theres plenty of other wrestling companys out there, they have dvd's and vids available if people have no interest in watching wwe

and dude whats the deal with u being so over sensitive about the image of nyc on fire during kanes entance? it was excellent production work, it wasnt an image of buildings falling a la 9/11, it was just a stage dude.

has every movie that has featured a building being blown up or buildings on fire been in bad taste since 9/11?...c'mon man enough already, its time to move on and stop being so sensitive, and what happened in spain has nothing to do with kanes entrance at a wrestling event in nyc

xero is not a dig at nero.....some people think too much

i met nero once, seems like a cool enough guy

There are a few alternatives, and to get their vids can often be as much of a struggle as it is to get WWF/E vids, believe me, i know.

I'm not sensitive, yeah, it was well done out production wise, i just think given what happened a few days beforehand, they could have used it another time. It's not me thats the sensitive one. But yanks in general go ape over that sort of thing. Example - Bono at the tribute to NYC gig, the jacket he wore on the Elevation tour has the lining of the US Flag, when he showed that on stage, the crowd went mad! Over a jacket lining. Imagine those same guys looking at the stage? I think you understand my point :)

No, the incident in Spain has nothing to do with the entrance, but NYC is full of immigrants from ALL OVER the world, INCLUDING Spain. I just think it could have been held off out of respect, but thats strictly my opinion.

And yes it's true folks, we had crossed paths once, he put me in touch with a very sound bloke who sold me 2/3 of his video collection :) I've no beef with him and never thought for a second that Xero was a dig at my name, and i can place a safe bet he's not Desmond_Wolf either, that guy was just a complete jackass.

Nero

i've no problem with constuctive critisism, but some people just seem to be complaing just for the sake of it and thats a bit irritating. nero, i didnt really understand ur comment about the postioning of cena/show at wmxx...would it not be reasonable to assume that at such a big ppv they would need to rely on someone to start the show with a bang?

i totally agree that alot of the talent should be used far better. its a damn shame the way matt hardy is being used right now, he sat by while jeff was pushed to the stars while he was always the better wrestler, then when jeff was released he devleped one of the most over characters around at the moment, fans love it. and still he cant get a push. he should be holding the u.s. or ic title at this stage and knocking on the door of one of the world titles

another person is hbk.....sure he's not young anymore....but i dont think that anybody on the roster including benoit or eddie consistantly perform at the level hbk does, plus the fact that everytime he wrestles he's seriously risking his ass, i dont think people realise that at times...people forget that he has a broken back, he shouldnt be anywhere near a ring...he should be given a long run with a title at some stage during the summer after eddie or benoit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Please type like you have the vocabulary and education of a 20 year old.

Lets stop bitchin at each other and remember that the wwe board is set up to DISCUSS wwe matters, not giv out about other members and there views on the wwe.

Please type like you have the vocabulary and education of a 20 year old

well one is rather sorry that one did not speak in the correct stlyle that thine good fellow poster is familiar with, one would like to extend ones deepest regret and one hope's to never make this error again.

one would also like to NIT PICK as ones fellow poster just did and proclaim that this is not a "WWE BOARD" where one only disscuss "WWE MATTERS"

and one would also like to appologise because as u put it i should not "GIV" out to ones fellow other posters....please note, that "GIV" is the incorrect spelling in this instance, however one can easliy repair this by the addition of a simple "E", thus getting the word "GIVE"

• Advertisement

Will both of ye stop giving out and join myself and Moll on #pro-wrestling on IRC and get a good vibe going :)

Nero
    PS: I'll answer yer question in a bit Xero, not ignoring ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

well one is rather sorry that one did not speak in the correct stlyle that thine good fellow poster is familiar with, one would like to extend ones deepest regret and one hope's to never make this error again.

You should be! :D

It hurt inside Xero. It hurt bad.

i've no problem with constuctive critisism, but some people just seem to be complaing just for the sake of it and thats a bit irritating. nero, i didnt really understand ur comment about the postioning of cena/show at wmxx...would it not be reasonable to assume that at such a big ppv they would need to rely on someone to start the show with a bang?

i totally agree that alot of the talent should be used far better. its a damn shame the way matt hardy is being used right now, he sat by while jeff was pushed to the stars while he was always the better wrestler, then when jeff was released he devleped one of the most over characters around at the moment, fans love it. and still he cant get a push. he should be holding the u.s. or ic title at this stage and knocking on the door of one of the world titles

another person is hbk.....sure he's not young anymore....but i dont think that anybody on the roster including benoit or eddie consistantly perform at the level hbk does, plus the fact that everytime he wrestles he's seriously risking his ass, i dont think people realise that at times...people forget that he has a broken back, he shouldnt be anywhere near a ring...he should be given a long run with a title at some stage during the summer after eddie or benoit

For Cena, had he been still a midcarder or a curtain jerker, then yeah, more power to him to open it up, but after being pushed for the best part of a year, and as i mentioned , a main eventer 11 months earlier, it's just sad to see him in a similar position Lex Luger ended up 10 years beforehand, main eventing wrestlemania 10, then opening wrestlemania 11 with Bulldog as his partner. The cruisers could have easily opened that up, and might have done a better job of it as that match was rushed to hell due to time constraints.

I'll stand by my opinion on Mattitude V1. He's too small to be a contender for the big one, but too big to be a cruiserweight, but will agree that he should have the IC belt while he's on RAW, given the fact that the poor guy never once held it.

As for HBK, this is one guy i got sick of by the time 98 came along. Whereas i'll never question his in-ring ability, his reluctance to do the jobs to several people during his career and forfeiting his belts left right and centre left a very bad taste in my mouth. Showed a lack of respect for the business. And as much as i gave him credit for his WM14 match where he had to stick to mat wrestling and ditch the high flying moves. He pulled it off, but i wasn't sorry to see him go. When he came back, I questioned it seriously. Didn't rate their summerslam 2002 match the first time around but when i got the DVD a year later and watched it again. He really worked the crowd regarding the back injury. Giving him the RAW belt was pointless at the time. Especially for the one month! The Armageddon match where he dropped it was muck until the 3rd fall kicked in. I thought he was doomed there.

But Wrestlemania XIX completely changed my opinion, although a lot of opinion states that Michaels carried that match, i completely disagree as I feel Jericho did his share of the load. But his Survivor Series effort last year, proved that he does have the skill to carry a whole match, and given the donkeys he had to work with last year's Survivor Series PPV, kudos to Michaels and I'd love for him to get a few months with the belt, not too long though, nothing against Michaels but i think anything over 5-6 months is a joke in the era of monthly PPV's.

Nero

i was on the bus this morning and heard 2 complete randomers (not endorsed by or on the payroll of whosurpaddy) discussing wrestling and wrestlemania. one was kinda explaining to the other the phenominon of pro wrestling, saying how he'd followed it for years etc.

next thing he launced into a rant about WM saying how **** it was and how after seeing it with his mates they'd decided to completely stop watching wrestling altogether. he sold his games and vowes neer to watch again.

just brought an interesting perspective to the arguement going on here to me. it really isnt just the internet smarts who are complaining about WM. i think a lot of casual fans felt let down by it too.

Give it until Backlash when he cracks, provided he desides to get it on Setanta
    (yes folks, next months PPV, Backlash will be a pay one!)

But thats the point I was making, as a PPV, it would have been alright but as a Wrestlemania, for all the hype it received, it was a total let down. As was last years with only the Lesnar/Angle and Michaels/Jericho to save it.

If they'd put as much effort into ALL the matches (as opposed to the last few), as they did for the stage and the pyro, it would have rocked, but they didn't so it doesn't!

Nero

thats a point. a lot of the depts. in wwe do stellar work 365 days a year and never recieve any spotlight. well done the pyro crew for wm.

Heh, this was one of the points Xero made in the post originally, he will be pleased ;)

I still say MSG was too bloody small for it! I know it was the birthplace for it and all that, but lets just say fanbase was significantly smaller back then.

Nero

they did a great job of making it look big tho. little things like not having the ramp in the usual place in msg, and having it really long. It looks a lot bigger than it did at ss 2002.

on the point of individual depts. look at the desire videos aswell, and generally all the video packages are always top notch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Heh, this was one of the points Xero made in the post originally, he will be pleased ;)

I still say MSG was too bloody small for it! I know it was the birthplace for it and all that, but lets just say fanbase was significantly smaller back then.

Nero

well 21 is in a small venue too. looks like the day of the bi sstadium PPVS is over

• Advertisement

Don't know what went wrong for SS2002 to be honest, as the place looked huge for the Royal Rumble earlier that year.

Is the one for wm21 small as well? I think this years Judgment Day is gonna be held at that venue as well.

Nero

wm21 is in the staples center in la afaik, which (and im sure ill be corrected if im wrong) is a basketball arena so it wont exactly be huge.

lads i think its time to start a WM22 for croker campaign. cmon vince u cant turn ur nose up to a 100,000 seater venue!

Lol if the GAA nazi's don't turn their noses up at the idea more like.
    Oh can you imagine if that happened? FAI would be bawling for years!

Nero

does sports entertainment fit into the "foreign game bracket"?

but seriously why arent they venues they use getting bigger? and why didnt they during the attitude era at the height of wwe's popularity? vince could be selling out huge arena's around the world instead of 1/2 selling the same 20,000 seater venues in the same american cities 3 times a year, every year.

My guess would be that Vince is still very wary regarding the cash situation as it wasn't so long ago he almost found himself on the brink of bankrupcy.

The XFL, The World New York and Goldberg are just two examples of money spending that had f*ck all to show for it.

Thankfully they're all gone and Vince has learned some lessons.
    Nero

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    The XFL, The World New York and Goldberg are just two examples ....

u gotta stop drinking in the mornings man. :D

• Advertisement

Bah, i had edited it and stuck the XFL in and forgot to change the two to three.
    Morning starts are not for me at all, are they?

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

WWE at Croker!
    That would be class!

F*ck I need coffee and a smoke.
    *head hits keyboardddddddddddddddddddd*

Ugh, I know the feeling, i'm in the last place i wanna be in today!
    Taking the heads off everyone today.

COFFEEEEEEEE!!! NURSE!
    Nero

more than wwe at croker. wrestlemania (or royal rumble, summerslam, survivor series) at croker. seriously how many people does MSG hold, or the staples center. nowhere near croker.

wwe would make a killing if they came over here did a major ppv in croker, they would more than likely fill it, raw in the point/rds and even smackdown in pairc ai quiobhe (probly spelt wrong, the massive venue in cork) for everyone who cant get up to dublin.

the only obstacle i could see would be the fact that its an open air stadium and the weather is so unpredictable. vince said recently he wouldnt do open air venues unless the weather was guaranteed. (oh and also the time diff for people buying it in america)

"oh and also the time diff for people buying it in america"

Tough sh*t! We always gotta wait up till 1:00am for the PPV's here.
    Bout time they suffer!:)

• Advertisement

yes but vince wont piss off his core market. as was pointed out on another thread, the americans pay $50 a ppv, whereas we get it for free(most of the time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    (oh and also the time diff for people buying it in america)

thats a major stumbling block.

the stadium such as the one in wales would be cool as it has a roof.

can anyone shed any light as too why they didnt do more ppv's in large oversea's venues after summerslamm 92. that looked to be a huge success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

on the opening point i to am sick of winers

You gotta be sh|tting me a-hole, most of the time you haven't a clue what you're posting about. The only thing you're sick of is being corrected all the time! :D

Nero

WOW :eek:

Seems like Nero is out with a vengence today. Whats the saying... Who penially or rectally deposited body fluids in your prefered breakfast dining sudgestion thsi very morn?

Hanza

I'm actually in great form today, had the day off work. But it seems that most people complaining about the whining, are doing the majority of it themselves.

Now they've started me whining!
    BASTIDS!!
    Nero

Originally posted by Hanza
    WOW :eek:

Seems like Nero is out with a vengence today. Whats the saying... Who penially or rectally deposited body fluids in your prefered breakfast dining sudgestion thsi very morn?

Hanza

Nah. theres a better ring to "who p*ssed in your cornflakes"
    Dont you think?

Nah the way I said it kicked ass!

:D

And just for the record no offence ment to any one. I seem to be gifted at doing trhat today. Ahh! There goes another satisfied customer

Hanza

Advertisement