Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewall rules

• 20-03-2004 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

I just bought a Netgear DG834GUK ADSL firewall router. It has a built in firewall. I check all my ports and it seems to covers them well. The thing is I think it is set default and I am not sure as to what I need to configure. I did a leak test from Steve Gibson's site and it show that it leaks out.
    Here is my question, what kind of basic firewall rules should I set to have good protection?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

!) Change the password, 2) Disable remote access to the control panel if you can.

Other than that, just open ports when you need em, and you should be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Changed the password already. That was the first thing I did after reading some post here.

The thing is, what if a trojan program is in my system and it leaks out from my pc, what kind of firewall rules should I set to stop it?

My other programs seems to work fine. No problem with it and the firewall.

Advertisement