Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iol Broadband

• 20-03-2004 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I want to set up my Iol BB so they as soon as my pc turns on it automatically runs the CSA tray icon and connect without me having to do anything
    How do i do it?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Originally posted by Garth_Vader
    Hey,
    I want to set up my Iol BB so they as soon as my pc turns on it automatically runs the CSA tray icon and connect without me having to do anything
    How do i do it?:)

CSA Icon? what?

Broadband is always on. You don't need to do anything. Just turn on your computer. Plug your router into your ethernet port... (never mind USB), plug into your phone and everything else should fall in place...

There isn't any need to dial up.. at least not on the router I got with IOL

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

It should start with windows already, but you can do it manually in regedit by going to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

And adding a new string value...

Value name:
    AME_CSA

Value data:
    rundll32 amecsa.cpl,RUN_DLL

go to start/run and type amecsa.cpl in the run box just to confirm that it's the right filename... that's what mine is called anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

just to let you know xcellor,the crappy modem iol sent me out was a usb only modem,cheapo ass *****,but i got an ethernet modem and it sorted out all my problems.
    with the usb modem you have to initialise the modem and then connect to the iol service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

Is that modem included with the 90Eur install charge?
    Would I be better buyin a decent one then?

Advertisement