Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design Contest - Please Read!

Options
  • 20-03-2004 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I entered SMDF into a web design contest, and I need you to vote for us to win! If I win I get free web hosting for life! I kinda forgot it was on so a lot of the other sites have head starts over us, so get the word out and get ALL your friends to vote Pleeeeease! Thanks a million. Heres the address: http://2mhost.com/hosting/htmlos.cgi/contest/vote.html

Just scroll down till you find SMDF and vote it as your first choice! Thanks guys! Don't forget, get everyone to vote for us!

I don't know if this is considered advertising, but I don't think it is, and sorry if it's in the wrong place!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I would consider it advertising. And your site really isn't worth voting for..

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I thought it was ok, I've seen far worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Looks nice but in fairness it doesn't deserve any prizes. If you win the judges will know it was a fix compared to the other sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Compared to some others it stinks, and really be honest do you think its the best in there, Be honest;)

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

No offence, but there's hardly any content and although the design is simple it renders badly in Firefox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭W1llz0rz

SMDF is primarly based around a forum. It was a forum for 6 months before there was ever a site. The site is just there to tidy things up a bit, it's not supposed to be anything spectacular. There was a much better site on there, but there was too much content, and it took a lot of time to update, so we went for the easier approach. Thanks for the comments though! If I ever consider changing it, i'll take them into account.

The site may not deserve to win it in your opinion, but I don't think asking people to vote is "rigging" it. In that case, you could say every election that has ever taken place was rigged! It's not as if I'm forcing it upon anyone, I'm just asking for votes here like! It's the only Irish site on there, so I hope you'll all vote for it, cause we do need the votes!

Thanks,
    Damien Kavanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

there are some really amazing websites there... Makes me wish I knew the first thing about graphic design :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I really like http://thelatinbox.com/ very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

See that's what a winner looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Yeah, tis good but you wouldn't want to be using it if you had photosensitive epilepsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I like your site - it's nice - not as bad as these guys are making out.

What happened to the Flash beaters on here? I thought Flash was evil! :D

P.S. Anyone ever think a comp like this would be good on boards.ie??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by buddy
    What happened to the Flash beaters on here? I thought Flash was evil! :D

It's fine if you are not bothered about your site getting indexed by search engine robots

Advertisement