Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV dsl went down again for me

• 20-03-2004 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

Last night i left my computer on cause i was downloading, i woke up this morning and internet doesn't work. I called tech support they said that they were having an external problem and that all i could do was wait. I got tired of waiting cause i knew it wasn't going to come back up. I ended up calling again 5minutes ago and told him that it still wasn't back up, so i asked him to change the user name and password and 1 minute later its back up. This is the 3RD time its happened to me that UTV needed to change my user name and password.
    Whats going on? Anybody else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Second last post on the third page

Would explane why its been down on and off over the last few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

1- That does not explain why every single time i need to change my user name and password for it to work again. Instead of it coming back up automatically, i need to change my user name and password now thats not normal is it?

2- I need to know how much i've used up of my cap, that monitor on the utv website doesn't even work. Do u have to call tech support or something

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Subc
    1- That does not explain why every single time i need to change my user name and password for it to work again. Instead of it coming back up automatically, i need to change my user name and password now thats not normal is it?

2- I need to know how much i've used up of my cap, that monitor on the utv website doesn't even work. Do u have to call tech support or something

1. There is a known issue with the password/username but as far as I know from reading posts on here it is only necessary to change it once. Ask UTV support why it is necessary for you to be constantly changing it.

2. There was a thread on this issue on the UTV support newsgroup recently and again there is an issue about the monitor - well more than an issue it just does not work!

But UTV stated in the thread that if someone is downloading too much they will be contacted by phone in sufficient time for them not to breach the cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

I sure hope they call me

Advertisement