Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ut 2004 Dvd

Options
  • 20-03-2004 3:08pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Back to the shop with thee. Demand a replacement of goods. Oh and check for any patch updates that may have been released since it went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Apparently there's an 'issue' with secure-rom on some of the DVDs. A replacement DVD will not fix it as the problem is your drive. There was a post about it on the official forums (though I dont have a link handy) - they're working on the problem and a fix will be released 'soon'. So far those with the problems have found that the CD versions worked fine and one person buying a new dvd drive (heh) found his DVD version now worked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im bringing mine back on monday, in the meantime ive patched my file so that it plays for the moment (abit bold but after paying 50 notes for this im in my right to do so), at least now i know its not only me that is having this problem, i'll expect a few ppl who ordered this from play.com and other sites may experience the same problem when they get theirs. Lets hope that the developers are working fast on a fix for this very annoying problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Like I said, they are working on it. You're right though, in fact their unofficial suggestion was to patch your .exe until the fix comes through heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

flashing your dvd drive's firmware might be one (albiet risky) way of getting it to work...
    i vaguely remember it being recommended for securom/safedisc issues in another game.

quite why you even need the cd/dvd in the drive for a predominantly multiplayer game is beyond me, surely the cdkey is piracy protection enough:confused:
    i guess atari must have some kind of deal with the securom dudes whereby they have to use it for every game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

went over to my m8s house and tested my ut2004 dvd disc and it worked fine on his compy. I'll wait till Wednesday to see if epic release a fix for it, if not, back to GAME it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Deffinately look for a firmware for your DVD drive.
    It might even make it region free :)

Advertisement