Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry review

Options
  • 20-03-2004 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

By IGN. They give it a 9.2 . Looks like ill be picking up this game!

here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

didn't think much of the demo tbh. but then again, i'm more of a 'go in with all guns blazing' kind of guy...
    the pczone review definitely made me want to pick this up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Ive got the full game and it is awesome.

It runs pretty well on my PC at 1600x1200. Thats on a XP2200, 1 Gig Ram and Radeon 9700Pro.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hmmm they must have optimsed the code alot, the demo ran like poo on my p2.4, geforce 4600ti and gig of ram. At 1024x768 and medium settings on it was jerky as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Seems mixed reaction. Some with big machines and seemingly Radeons are struggling. Ive just played a while now again - and its really smooth.
    Theres a 'feature' which turns down stuff to cope with your machine - but mine looks pretty and still plays well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Looks great I'm looking forward to getting it. However it sounds like it could be ruined by the static save game points, I hate those things! Why the hell do developers not just let me save my game when I want to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

cos it makes the game more challenging and adds an element of suspense, whats the point in being able to save everytime you do every little thing, it takes away from games in my opinion when you can save whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

That's fine but you can do that on your own with a bit of self-control without it being imposed on you. Why not at least give you the option of having either save points or save-when-you-want before you start the game? With save points I find it just ends up making you replay the same section over and over again if you encounter a particularly difficult part, which can quickly make me want to stop playing the game (I'm quite impatient). Even the AvP method of having a limited number of save games depending on the difficulty level would be better (and this was only available as a patch iirc, since too many people found the lack of save games during a level too frustrating).

Advertisement