Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultima VII - The Serpent Isle

Options
  • 20-03-2004 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

For those of you who played this game, did you notice that some NPCs in the game existed in 2 or 3 places at once? Now I only noticed this in the town of Moonshade (Serpent Isle - not Moonglow...). There is this Ranger called Ernesto and he appears in 3 places at once. When I talk to each copy, he is the same... he is meant to be a niqe character hence his name. Did anyone notice this? I'm currently playing this (16 hours into it) using Exult... :p

Very good game Serpent Isle... not quite as good as the first part of Ultima VII.... The Black Gate. Actually... did anyone finish Serpent Isle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Moonglow btw is the smaller island to east. It's populated by Mage who call themselves Adepts and the rest of the poor populace are called Mundanes (underclass).

The yellow cross mark is located in the city of Monitor where 3 tribes of Knights share the rule of the city...

To the north (before the snowy wastes) is the city of Fawn populated by Sailer folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I finally got around to playing some years ago when i bought The Ultima Collection. I was disappointed with it, it didn't really seem anything like The Black Gate. Like most RPGs I play i got around to the very end but of course my save files were corrupted and I never bothered playing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Yeah... I heard about corrupted savefiles (I remember this in Ultima Underworld I as well! far too late of course... that one was an inventory issue). But anyway.. without spoiling too much.. there are only a few places where this game can fall over and the readme attached here mentions them. You can't miss 'em as they are bracketed by warning stars. As for the game... still going okay. Exult allows you to add/remove or clip objects... just in case it does happen... 1/2 way thru now I guess and it still seems ok. No need for any more do Voodoo memory managers thank God!

It's quite different to the Black Gate. The north snow lands look a lot different and there seems to be a LOT more corpses about. At least I don't have to visit each Town Hall's Fellowship leader in every Town like in the Black Gate. If i heard about the "Triad of Inner Strength" one more time... ;)

Advertisement