Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Liverpool vs Wolves) scores etc

• 20-03-2004 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭

By the skin of their balls , teeth, random body part.

Liverpool 1 - Wolves 0 Hyppia in the last seconds of the game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

How do they do it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Thank fúck for that:rolleyes:

They were completely shít until Baros came on, don't think they'd had a shot on goal. Even then they weren't a lot better.

Did I miss something? Why is Heskey now starting ahead of Baros, did Baros pick up an injury I didn't hear about?

And I know Kewell had a quiet game but I'd rather have him on regardless than that idiot Diouf:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All points gratefully recieved I guess....

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Based on performances like this I can't even see Liverpool getting a UEFA Cup place this season. Remember that if you finish sixth this year you don't get into Europe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by NightStrike
    Based on performances like this I can't even see Liverpool getting a UEFA Cup place this season. Remember that if you finish sixth this year you don't get into Europe!
    Where did you hear that? Of course 6th place gets a UEFA cup spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

No I think the 6th place spot go's to millwall or sunderland this year.

Originally posted by [DF]Lenny
    No I think the 6th place spot go's to millwall or sunderland this year.
    AFAIK, Uefa give the 5th and 6th spot a UC place aswell as the winner of both cups. If the winner of the cups are already in Europe its just tuff look.

edit - actually you may be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Villa beat wolves 4-0 last week.

We get a lucky last gasp goal and i give up.:mad:

We dont deserve the champions league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

have the prem slipped in coificients or something because before it was always 5th + 6th in the league plus winners of the cups , if the winners of the cups are already in the europe the runner up of the cups goes into europe if the runners up are in europe 7th place gets the european spot(and so on down the table )

Originally posted by Big Ears
    have the prem slipped in coificients or something because before it was always 5th + 6th in the league plus winners of the cups , if the winners of the cups are already in the europe the runner up of the cups goes into europe if the runners up are in europe 7th place gets the european spot(and so on down the table )
    If the winner of the Carling Cup is alreasdy in Europe, the runer up does not get the spot, that only happens in the FA cup. 7th place does not get a UEFA cup spot if the runner up of the FA cup are in Europe. You may be getting mixed up with Man City qualifying because of the fair play award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

who cares where the UEFA spot goes to, its all about the champions league these days.

just as houllier looks like hes gonna get the chop, he gets a super result and we suckers think we've turned the corner and we're back on form!! eg. (portsmouth last week, chelsea in january, the list goes on) and we end up woth poor showings until the next time we get a really good result.

the worse thing is whats gonna happen next...

houllier will prob get a contract extention!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

He wont get an extension. He knows the fans aren't happy, whether he'll admit that or not is another story, but he must know there'll be outrage if he gets an extension and the board must know this too.
    He wont be sacked either though, so I guess we'll just have to pray the players can win the points and get 4th spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Thank God for Hyppia scoring in the last minute. Liverpool can't afford to not beat teams like Wolves.

And as for Baros not starting. Pure madness. Apart from the all-mighty Stevie Gerrard, Baros has probably been our best player in recent games.

I've come to the conclusion that Houllier and Heskey are having an illicit love affair and Emile wouldn't put out for Gerard unless he got a start today. He sure didn't earn a start on merit anyway.

And Liverpool must finish 4th. If we don't, even if Houllier gets sacked, we mightn't be able to attract any high-calibre prospective managers to come to the club. And we could get stuck with someone like Peter Reid then!! NOOOOOO!!!! It could all go a bit Leeds then.

Anyway, while Liverpool probably don't deserve Champion's League football at Anfiled next season, 4th place is now in our own hands. So no more excuses Houllier, there's no one to blame if you don't get 4th spot now but yourself. Stop blaming referees, death threats, bad luck, full moons and all that crap and accept the responsibility for your team's success, or lack of it. And keep Heskey as far away from the starting line up as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

when watching the highlights i thought it was going to be another 0-0 against a team liverpool should demolish
    i really don't know how 'pool will get fourth, i can't see them being in contention much less beating newcastle on the final day
    i hope i'm wrong, but they're really gonna have to scrape some results to get there, and what will happen next year? the same load of......as this year? and last years worst run of form for decades?

i, as well as more and more people, would prefer to see houllier leave, hes clearly not cut out for it
    look at fulham and villa, tipped for relegation but a decent manager came in and now they're aiming for europe
    decent manager could win the league with liverpool, or at least be in the top 4 instead of stuck far behind the top 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

It's a sad reflection of Houliers management and the current state of the Team that 'Pool supports (of which I'm one) are discussing finishing 4th like it's the Holy Grail or something ..... yes I realise that CL footie is where it's at and it's all financial nowadays .... but the cold hard facts are we are 28 points off 1st place ... if you look back at previous Premiership Tables and deduct 28 points from the eventual leaders , it puts us as about a Top 7 Team .... ****in awful state of affairs ... Houlier MUST GO !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

I agree, in most seasons their form would barely be top 10. They are just lucky that there is no team outside of the top 3 capable of putting a run together. Newcastle are capable of it and if they did its bye-bye hoohoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

There is no doubt that Houlier must go the longer he stays the more damage he is doing and the harder it will be for Liverpool to recover. Should hiss presence and lack of CL football cause the quality players they have to move Liverpool will be on the slippery slope . I,m surprised the board appears to have not recognised this and I would be amazed if he is still there next season.

Advertisement