Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irc?

• 20-03-2004 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Anyone wanna try getting a chat going in #pro-wrestling on irc.quakenet.org?
    Worth a shot.

Nero

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Maybe boards wrestling shud have its own irc channel. irc is always great for communitys to get in and chat providing that alot of people are interested and willing to download and understand the comands of irc. Of course theres always the option of having the irc chatroom as a java plug-in made a sticky so anyone can just click on and log in without having to bother with the full irc programme. The admins would control the channel with trusted members being voiced. As IRC is realtime its great for general chattering and getting the message across alot more clealy than thru forums etc. I would be all in favour of having a boards wrestling irc channel and i think Hanza would be too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Great! How come i don't see ya in there then? ;)
    Nero

Right we have two! come on!!!
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

i reckon the java jobbie suggested above would be best, most people have java enabled browsers but not everyone has install rights on their machine for irc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Havent used IRC since college and Im not gonna install it on my work computer. Id be crucified

Im not in :(

Hanza

• Advertisement

You don't have to be! There's a java app that ya can just run ;)
    Besides, i won't be able to access IRC after this week is out as our firewall prevents it ;)

Nero

Great!

Then give us the info! How do I just run the app?

Hanza

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

you just enter your name and click enter usually, its just a java plugin on a webpage similar to the iww chatroom you were in before wrestlemania 20.

Ok Gonz, Remembering that I am as stupid as hell, gimme step by step guides. The IwW chat was on their web site, where is the one you guys are talking about.

(Remember... me is tick)

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

it hasnt been set up yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement