Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Business ISP?

• 20-03-2004 7:29pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been done to death but I've not seen anything much on it since the new pricings became available.

Eircom's doesn't seem terribly. Only 8gb but ya get a 4 port ethernet router.

Netsource's new packages are looking likely personally.

Is Clicksilver available to businesses? I think they require you to transfer your phone to them, do they not? Are they any good phone call price wise?

Esat BT are obviously still too expensive, though good no doubt.

I'm pretty sure there's no wireless in my area, except perhaps Leap but I'd rather stick to wired.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

Leap or Eircom is the best option for business. Leap is too expensive if you think ESATBT are expensive. I had Eircom solo ADSL and the support and reliability were excellent. I have NTL now and they are also excellent when it comes to reliability. Support is ok. UTV and IOL are not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Around the rumour mill theres ones going around that Esat Business will match (probably beat) Eircoms new business pricing in April.

Dunno if this means they are going to be cheaper or wether they keep the no download limit with the same price but more bandwidth or a lower price but same product or something in between. Whatever you do i'd wait till mid April before ordering a Business product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Company I work for recently switched to a shared connection with Leap. I'm quite impressed at the moment. The firewall log shows no disconnections in the couple of weeks it has been connected whereas with Eircom there would have been several in a week.

Reliability of the connection can vary with distance and LOS conditions, of course, but Leap seem to be fairly conservative with their criteria so it is worth considering.

The other advantage is that upload speed is far greater which can be important with business broadband. A database upload on the Eircom DSL used to take about an hour, but with Leap it takes about 15 minutes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Netsource Origin Plus is looking tempting...

I'm curious to hear about Esat BT though! Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

As I have said before I expect that EsatBT will start reselling the Eircom Business ADSL wholesale products.

This will allow them to sell ADSL to all the ADSL exchanges in the country (much more then their own 40 LLU exchanges).

The reason for this is that Eircom wholesale haven't actually reduced the wholesale prices of their products, in fact what they have done is introduced a range of cheaper new ADSL business products alongside the old products and transfered all their customers to this.

These new products operate over IP and the whole country can now be accessed from just one ADSL geographical pop of the ISP's choosing, this is the same way that the RADSL works. It is now much cheaper (the baukhaul costs would be much lower) and easier for other ISP's to start reslling Eircom ADSL products then it was in the past.

That is why it would be crazy for EsatBT not to start reselling Eircom ADSL. I assume they will probably undercut Eircoms pricing and spec (bigger Caps/no caps) with about the same level of service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Im curious tho to see wether they will abandon their old exchanges (ie LLU) cos if that happens im moving over to IOL or so as only reason i have this is for the super low pints. Guess we'll see next month.

Advertisement