Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complaint about administration.

• 20-03-2004 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

I used to think Amp was a crazy little cave man with insane ideas and a ****ed up view of the reality, turns out the guy was some what of a prophet. He warned of the consequences of this unchecked totalitarian rule long before it became an issue. I’ll admit I laughed when amp was banned, Then Merc was banned and it was less funny. Unlike the other two I was given no indication of when my ban might be lifted or even what I didn’t. It’s just showed a level of arrogant contempt for the average user I’ve never seen before by an admin. Well all that’s fair enough, if you want to start banning people for taking things off topic, no problem, things will be far less interesting and much more orderly.

But now I find that sangre is banned permanently from boards? I mean what the fuk are you guys smoking? The guy is a spanner but since when is that a banable offence, he’s one of the characters around here whose posts I actually like to read. What’s more No indication of what he did to deserve a ban wass given, apart from being banned on the IRC channel which I thought was meant to be separate.

What is your goal here people? To have a police state, where you don’t have to answer to anyone. Its not 6 guys that make boards it’s the users and treating them like ****e isn’t the way to go to improve boards future because only the worst kind of person will take that abuse. I think you need to stop and think about the road you’re going down before. You’re banning users with thousands of posts and you’re going out of your way to make sure they don’t reregister with new accounts, a little to much like a power trip to me.

Edit I see that sangre got banned for having more then one account, I’ve more then one account, why am I not banned?

Btw I love how quick you are to take away peoples ability to have some input into boards.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It's been a busy week, there's an awful lot of trolling and spamming and muppetry. As you can see, there's a tonne of outstanding requests on this board that haven't been addressed. Sorry if we haven't been servicing your troll attempts as expediently as you would prefer.

On that note, what happened to Joe23? You didn't seem to get very much mileage out of that after 'Boston' stormed off the site 'never to return'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

well fuk, here I am trying to make a serious point or two and along you come called me a troll and speaking of boston(?) that twice I've been called that today. As I've said before you're an evil nazi an ze people of carlow town shall no longzer stand in ze way of your iron fist of boom. I bought you that erdinger but by the time I got back you had pissed off somewhere, Had to leave it behind as I don't drink that third rate excuse for alcohol.

So what was the final clue? the fact I kept hasseling neil? Someone must have blagged to da fuzz. Any chance of changing bostons email address back to the one i current use of the old one?

As for joe23 he predated all my other accounts.

Hey neil tells me you confirmed my previous account to him, is this true?

He said he suspected it, the whole "I'm in trinity studying Engineering" along with the typing style made me think it was possible.

I figured if I phrased it a certain way here you'd assume that I was certain, and then you confirmed it for us.

In fairness ecksor I knew the usual ways of confirming this type of thing wouldn't work for you, as I'm the uber leet, but seriously if it was a big thing I wouldn't have told neil all those things that only i could know. So how about getting my old account back for me, theres a shinny penny in it for you :dunno:

• Advertisement

Oh sorry, I missed the request for help in the middle of the complaints about my nazi regime.

Originally posted by ecksor
    Oh sorry, I missed the request for help in the middle of the complaints about my nazi regime.

They said the same at neuenburg.

The oppressed never learn.

O the Irony of it all, Sangre got banned for doing what an admin just helped me to do.

Thanks, you're my favourite neo nazi. All hail the muppet race.

Advertisement