Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icon Problems

Options
  • 21-03-2004 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Hmmm.
    Im after downloading a bunch of icon's from deviantarts.com icon section, all listed under "windows". Now, i downloaded them on an XP machine, zipped them and they all came out fine. So i thought, "ill put them on my pc upstairs", so i transfer them to that PC (running 2000), zip them, but they all come out messed up. As if someone has taken the left side of the icon, and moved it across to the right.Hard to explain. Now i was wondering, is it just that the aren't 2000 compatible, or is there some setting i can change?Something i can download. It kinda sucks as they are pretty nice icons!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hmm... I can't explain it, but I've had similar things happen when transfering gifs over ftp.
    I'd try copying them again, but this time don't zip them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

the distortion changes as i change the size of them.weird. The information is there though, because if i change them from ico to png using a converter, than they come out ok. It must be something in the display settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Icons designed for Windows XP are different from icons for previous versions of Windows. Previously, they had to be 2, 4, 8 or 16 bit, but Windows XP icons can support 32 bit icons. This may be the problem you are seeing.

Advertisement