Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Based Trek Fan Movie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sounds good to me but as i dont drink, i'm not familiar with pubs so someone would have to meet me somewhere to direct me to said place.

Hey all if you wanna have a proper conversation about this, join #startrek.ie on the undernet server, in irc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Ah lads ye cant just have 2 starfleet officers on vacation who suddenly happen to get involved in a time travelling adventure, youve got to have a raison detre

Why not add a bit of continuity.

I suppose something like this

The Tox Utaht was never destroyed on risa, just the split second before picard destroys it, it is once again transported through time, cue cgi explosion of earth

This destruction of the earth is felt throughout time

Cue the timeship aeon of the temporal investigation division (our 2 actors whoever they maybe), in order to set things right they must arrive on earth circa 2004, about, 2 days before the utaht arrives, they must

1) Find out where the utaht is

2) They must also find out who set it off and stop him

Cue whatever ye want to happen after that

That is only a rough idea, but ye get what im on about I hope

Shin

Hrm good idea. Yeah i'm liking it. Sounds like a good storyline... it'd have to invole enterprise somehow tho (NX-01) as that's what my prop weapons and comminucators are from! lol...

Well ill see what i can do, let me wrack me brains

Shin

• Advertisement

Hrm, i'd be interested if people could pm me a picture of themselves... just to get a general idea of what the team would be like.

CGI Enterprise, some hours after the destruction of the earth as detailed below

Fade dissolve Crew quarters

ensign michaelson wakes up to see (Ensign dawson Name optional) straing back at him, dawson explains hes from the 31st century version of the temporal inursion division, hes been real cagey about details on why he came to michaelson, only that in the 27th century the timeship aeon dispatched 2 agents to the year 2004 to find the TOX utaht before the earth is destroyed, he has heard nothing from them and events have still played out as documented below

He now states that temporal incursions have one more chance to set the time line right and that michaelson himself must go, when pressed for details again dawson evades answering it

Michaelson reluctantly agrees to go

Fade dissolve present day dublin approx 2 hours after the aeon agents arrived, michaelson glances to his left to see a guy running with the aeon agents in hot pursuit phasers firing, the guy runs into the oncoming traffic and is knocked down.

Michaelson runs over and bends down only to see a mirror image looking back the only words he uttered was "It was for the empire" and died

Some hours later michaelson is back aboard enterprise in discussion with dawson.

your mirror universe counterpart seemed to be in the employ of the mirror universe Archer, there first emperor, there ensign daniels apaprently informed him of the utahts power and the changes in the mirror universe made by james t kirk

Michaelson: So he hoped to preserve the empire by destroying our universe

Dawson: pretty much i must now be going ive spent far to much time here already and i believe you have a visitor

cue beep at door

michaelson opens door: hi my name is roberta Kirk

Cue fade out

The end

The Tox Utaht was never destroyed on risa, just the split second before picard destroys it, it is once again transported through time, cue cgi explosion of earth

This destruction of the earth is felt throughout time

Cue the timeship aeon of the temporal investigation division (our 2 actors whoever they maybe), in order to set things right they must arrive on earth circa 2004, about, 2 days before the utaht arrives, they must

1) Find out where the utaht is

2) They must also find out who set it off and stop him

Cue whatever ye want to happen after that

That is only a rough idea, but ye get what im on about I hope

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

If we wanted the future federations danials cloathing it wouldent be that hard,
    a black top black botoms and then a few black cable ties or bungee cords (or something like that) and it would look a bit like him

Hrm some interesting ideas there. However we dont have the budget... or means... to have actors in front of a blue or green screen to have them in quaters or on deck of a starship etc etc etc. I like the story idea tho, something could be worked around that. Let's stear clear of using already layed down characters in trek tho, and rather create new ones. IE, a new temporal divion guy whos name is erm... Agent Kavanagh (yeah that's not my name lol) for instance. Anyways i like the story ideas, keep them flowing. As data has said already we should meet up in a pub net sunday afternoon perhaps to discuss all this and get the general feel and idea for the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Why bother with a time travel incursion. What series are we running from Orginal to Voyager (Enterprize doesn't count, its not really Star Trek!)? How about an M-class planet, using Classic Uniforms, this world seem odd enought to the 60-70's era, unifoms are cheaper, acting ham(erish) is the norm, B-rate special effects adn dodgy back grounds a pre-request. Just an idea.

• Advertisement

No sorry this is gonna be a top notch production, not cheap looking at all, and no, no M-Class planet, the whole idea of the movie is that it's based around dublin. I'm more in favour of the temporal incursion idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Scene1: jenkinstown park, kilkenny
    sunny day, the woods
    http://www.castlecomer.net/places/jenkinstown.htm

Jemma wakes up in the woods, automatically grabs her rifle and looks around...

<Jemma> "How...Azezil!"

A noise to the left of laughter a young couple walk on a nearby path, the young girl answers her mobile phone...

<girl> "Hey orla......yeah, i'm in the park....FUCK NO!....<giggles>....okay, okay I'll tell you later

the guy grabs the girl and pulls her close

<guy> "..so..what will you tell her later?..."
    <girl> "It all depends"

they laugh and walk on

<Jemma> "When am I?..."

Taps comm badge

<Jemma> "Groagan, Hoz...."

Jemma looks down at her uniform...takes off her jacket and wraps it around her rifle...she gets up and makes her way to the path and starts walking

Scene 2: jenkinstown park, kilkenny
    sunny day, the main area with buildings

Jemma walks into the main Fort area, walking down to the main circular building and begins to climb it...she gets to the top and looks around...

surrounding Kilkenny country side

<jemma> <sighs heavily> "shit!"

suddenly she slips and slids a little to the edge

<Jemma> <shock> "Double shit!"

The rifle slips from her fingers and off the edge of the roof crashing on to the gravel below

<Jemma> < sighs> "..and of course triple shit!"

she slides to the edge of the roof..loks down before jumping off...she gathers the rifle..rewaps it and starts walking to the gates...

fade to intro music

cheap and easy to do...and a start to the stroy....find the rogue timetraveller and capture him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Can we have a scence where someone for no reason eats a whole cake to themselves?
    It would be funny cause they want real cake instead of replicated cake....

.......What part of DUBLIN based trek fan movie is so hard to understand eh? :P K this is trek, no cussing. Um... no no no sorry i dont like that idea at all. Worth it tho. Perhaps we could adapt it? Have a guy lying in an alleyway somewhere in town that is usually never populated. Or perhaps the dublin mountains, something like that. Anyways it has to be a guy... cus the main character is... umm... me :P It is my idea after all ;-)

mmmm cake. Err yea i suppose that's dooable as comic relief. Hrm... let's say... this movie spans over... 1-2 months? Person from future (starfleet) has to get a place to stay etc.. replicates money or whatever. We can use erm... data's house if he's willing. Or... not mine cus i still live at home, anyone else willing? Just a thought. Anyways we are all definatly meeting this sunday to discuss story ideas.

first of all keeping it in dublin, rules out a lot of interested people...

if we plan well we can have a few people going to a couple of destinations (a day at a time)

the story I was aiming at was....

3 starfleet officers stranded in Ireland summer 2004,

They were chasing a time travelling fugitive...(flashbacks can cover that insert when needed)

The senior officer Groagan wakes up in Dublin, Hoz (the vulcan/token alien) wakes up in Galway or somewhere..

Once Jemma and Hoz get an idea of where they are or contact Groagan they travel to dublin to report in and figure a way home when they run into the fugitive...

Chase begins

Plot twist

Fugitive escapes but only 2 get back home...

to be continued....

Most of it done in Dublin but a day in Kilkenny and a day somewhere else...there are other people interested outside the pale

and the swearing...well tbh...there's not going to be kids watching this...so i think a 15 cert would do it justice and deliever a lot to the fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Achilles
    We can use erm... data's house if he's willing. Or... not mine cus i still live at home, anyone else willing? .

i also live at home and the house is small, but if its needed.... we could possibly sort something out house was built about 100 years ago though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

And the swearing...well tbh...there's not going to be kids watching this...so i think a 15 cert would do it justice and deliever a lot to the fans

Getting high hopes a bit too quickly are we? :p Why do you want a certification, it's not like it's going to get a commercial release is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by SearrarD

Once Jemma and Hoz get an idea of where they are or contact Groagan they travel to dublin to report in

They could travel CIE:
    train-front.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

John

• Advertisement

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    Getting high hopes a bit too quickly are we? :p Why do you want a certification, it's not like it's going to get a commercial release is it?

15 cert is just a playground area... bit of violence, swearing...

lol... i dont think tricorders could decypher IE train timetables

Hrm... maybe the occasional swear, like once or twice in the movie, ala generations and insurrection. But on the whole i dont really want any swearing. I suppose we could travel around the country a bit, but i have no means of transport, so someone would have to supply a car or two. A girl i know want's to help out aswell so maybe she could be this jemma character. I dont wanna be finalising on a plot so soon tho. As data said.. we all meet in town on sunday whoever is interested, and discuss it then. By the way, is there anyone else that could offer a second dv camera? For multipal shots to be cut together etc.

is that this sunday we are arranging this for, a some other sunday?

i recommend a seperate poll type thread for people to sign up for a date that suits the most people, this sunday maybe too short notice for some people that are interested

data

Ok well data will you start one then and do a sticky about it?

made it so :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149429

interested people please sign up in the thread above with a proposed meeting date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

You'll need to get your hands on some gadgets, like tricorders and the like.... and traffic - the characters have to experience a traffic jam or a trip on dublin bus.... and can several scumbags be caught in phaser cross fire?

The mind boggles with wonder

Hrm, i could borrow a mate's ipaq, load it with a jpg or gif and fashion it into a high tec tricorder... if he'd let me that is. And no, no non trek people in this movie, if ya get me. Erm... i dont think the whole dublin bus thing would work either... However if one of the guys has a car in the production team (which has still to be appointed and assembled) has a car, we can film a scene where they 'borrow it' from somewhere and use that for transport... Although that presents the problem of where did 24th century people learn to drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

the characters have to experience a traffic jam or a trip on dublin bus....

Try a trip on a Cork bus, oh wait those never show up...

Just a little update people. The guys who made the trailer for bring back kirk, i have mailed them and asked if they'd be interested in doing the cgi for our production. I havn't got a reply yet so we'll see what happens. Also i've gotten in touch with an old friend who has made his own movies before to see if he can help out with the audio and perhaps some visual equipment that'd we'd need, IE, a few boom mikes and a green screen (if possible, for sequences of one of us in a shuttle cockpit, etc). However he hasn't gotten back to me yet, but when he does i'll let you guys know. Also about the bring back kirk team, when and if they reply i'll post the response here. I will also get in touch with Pearse Collage as they are supposed to have a very good media department and will ask if it's possible to borrow or rent out some of their equipment for when we are shooting this.

• Advertisement

Hey guys, i was just messing about with premier pro... tryint to get used to it and stuff.. and look what i managed to do.

http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/steven.kavanagh/premiertest.wmv

Advertisement