Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Based Trek Fan Movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

thats pretty good for a first time at premier well done

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Shin, have you got any experience in premier yerself? Cus if so it'd be needed for when the film is being put together for effects... that kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

How about sticking one of them in Belfast....and then having to get the Train from Belfast to Dublin......

:D:D :cool: :cool:

Ohh god jesus christ no, what is everyone's facination with trains here all of a sudden? As i said we don't all have alot of money so this would have to be done on as little a budget as possible... borrowing gear, that kinda thing.

Right... ok... People i need your help. I am working out how to do special effects for the movie etc with adobe premier. But, i will need someone who really knows how to work premier to help out with the effects in the movie too. Secondly, i will need one or two boom mikes for the sound in the movie. Hopefully someone can help out there. Thirdly, i will need a co director and 3 other actors for the movie. One guy for the bad time traveller guy thingy... one female for the starfleet crew, another guy for the starfleet crew and the last guy is me! :P Erm... yes, need as many people to help out as possible. Ohh... also, can anyone help out with the cgi in the movie? im still sketchy as to who can help for that. So please... dont just piss about on the boards people... offer as much help as u can. By the way i have feck all money so this'll be a joint thing, we'll be pooling together if we need to rent out equipment. And erm.. i can't offer to pay anyone either. This'll just be a community thing. For the fun of it, but also for the fact of having an irish based trek movie. So come on people... who can help out? And i mean really now... what skills can you offer towards the project? In addition, if yer willing to meet up next sunday at 6pm in the white horse (i think it's called) in town, to discuss plot ideas etc... and help get people together for the project, as well as having a few drinks... please sign up in the reference thread. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Id help out with ship spec's and keeping every thing cannon and not to "fanboyish" id even help out makeing up new ships specs if needed

if you need that kinda help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

I wanna be a fat scotty " I CANT REACH THE CONTROLS CAPTIAN " :D

Im a Dab hand with adobe ;) all the help ya need wink wink !

yer a dab hand with what? Adobe Blow Job Simulator 2004? Seriously... photoshop... premier... after effects... what?

Ok guys, i just scanned in a design for the timeship i made over the weekend. It's still a little shoddy and not in colour but it'll do for now. Tell me what u think. I've also come up with a name for the movie. Star Trek: Crossing The Border, how does that sound?

it sounds like a starfleet team makeing a raid over the boarder into the north:p

• Advertisement

Right... well it's supposed to be ya know this guy who wants to mess with the timeline... crossing the border of space and time... kinda thing. Yes anyways, what do you think of the ship design?

Hey guys, this took me almost all day to figure out how to do... but i managed to do a beam out sequence of sorts in premier. It's doesn't look too bad. Lookie!!!

http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/steven.kavanagh/achillesbeam.wmv

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Thats very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

thats pretty cool imo opinion good stuff in general

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Achilles
    Although that presents the problem of where did 24th century people learn to drive?

Call yourself a ST fan... I think you'll find that not only can they drive, but some of them can rebuild 1936 Ford engines... :)

Thats good

what did you use to create it the sfx ?

Yeah i did it in Adobe Premier. It's like what Photoshop is to Photo editing... it's very very advanced. I'm still learning how to use it though.

Got to love the dublin accent

"Ya man would ya fooken energize all ready" :D

Lol, i should have said that instead!!! I'm gonna try get one of me now where i ripple away like a hologram, not right now though cus i just downloaded Pirates Of Silicon valley an am watching it. Tis all about how Bill Gates and the dude from Apple started out and that kinda stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

I do have premier but havent a clue how to use it achilles

soz

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

@ Achilles: Hello ! I guess you're Steve_K that pm'ed me at scifi meshes.com.
    You asked me to help in some CGI shots.
    I do want to help, although I'm very busy with my own movie project which is running for more than a year now.

What I can do to help: CGI shots, stills, 3d modelling (maya 5 + conversion to Lightwave 7 or Max 6. I can give some hints about Adobe Premiere about blue and green screening.

What I can't do (yet ;) ): special effects such as huge explosions etc. I'm very much busy in doing animations of starships being blown apart or colliding with whatever object. Most of the time I try to do these effects in Maya itsself and then clean it up or enhance it with Premiere or After Effects, although I'm still an apprentice in doing such stuff.

I have a DV camera (semi-professional Sony DCR-TRV 950E), but.... I don't live in Ireland. :(
    However, if all this really turns out to be something worth the bother, I guess I could one day come over for some time, since I've got quite some free time during the summer.

Hope to hear something soon.

The Admiral

Well that's excellent news. If you have a look at one of my previous posts i did do up a few sketches of the time ship that'll be used in the movie hopefully. The kinda things i'd need you to be rendering tho would be ya know, a danube in orbit of earth with perhaps a few 21st century satelites in orbit. Urm.. A scene with the danube in the 24th century chasing the time ship back through a temporal rift and back to the 21 century, then disabelling the time ship as it flies towards the earth, and then destroying it in the upper atmosphere before heading back to orbit, that kinda thing, all in avi or something, high quality too. I'm glad you can help out to a certain extent, get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

When would filming start btw?

@ Achilles: I hope you realise these CG shots are NOT going to be easy !
    First: I will need time to do the modelling for the time ship. Btw: could you make some additional sketches on the temporal wake ?
    Second: I'll need to find a Danube class. I know I will find it on the net, but for now I don't have it.
    Third: as for the temporal wake, but also the phaser/torpedo fighting and resulting explosions, I'm not sure I will be able to do them for now. As I said, I'm still learning that. Until now I concentrated on 3d modelling and conversion, although even in that, I'm not that good ;) .
    As soon as I've got something up and running in the 3d universe, I'll post it here as an attachment.

Regards,
    The Admiral

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

www.startrekaustralia.com has a lot of ship models. I snagged a few pictures of a Wells Class, Sovvie and Prommie there to use on one of my sites....

Originally posted by Kennett
    www.startrekaustralia.com has a lot of ship models. I snagged a few pictures of a Wells Class, Sovvie and Prommie there to use on one of my sites....

Yeah, I know, but the problem is that those meshes (as with most meshes on the net) are in .max, .lw or .3ds format. So I WILL have to do a conversion since I only do animations in Maya. And some of those conversions end up in unrecognizable "flowers" ;)

The Admiral

Hey guys sorry i wasn't replying for a while but i fell asleep watching ant and dec's takeaway thing, lol. Anyways admiral i really appreciate any of the help you can give and im sure i can either learn myself, or get somebody else to do the phaser and explosions in the cgi animations. Thanks anyways, it'll all be appreciated.

I looked around for a Danube Class mesh and found one. I rendered it after some retexturing. Let me know what you guys think of it.

Regards,

The Admiral

And another rendering with some phaserfire added ;)

The Admiral

• Advertisement

I like it

Advertisement