Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Based Trek Fan Movie

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sounds good. I'm not a major trekkie, just watch the odd episodes of Voyager, TNG and Enterprise but I'd definitely be interested in seeing the final product. Maybe you could have an official boards.ie screening :)

One suggestion: have one of the characters replicating the money create US dollars and you've a light comedy moment when he tries to buy a paper with it (you could have someone act as an evening herald "ya bleedin' wha'?" guy...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

Originally posted by Achilles
    Hrm ohh it's very possible... it'd just require ALOT of work. Work that, a) i'm not sure if admiral can do, and b) i don't wanna stress him out too much either ;) Besides, superimposing a shuttle onto a scene with actors would be very very complicated...

It is possible. Actually, right now I'm studying ways to "collide things" :p I guess the compositing of the CG with the real shot isn't too difficult.... It's having all that dirt flying around when the shuttle crashes, and some hull fragments hitting elements around there which is the tricky part.... Because it all needs to be done in 3D. I guess the city wouldn't like it when we blow their nice lawn into oblivion :dunno:
    But hey, we could give it a try. Just like Scotty did as a "miracle worker".

The Admiral

ps: I really like the plot so far. But I'm just not very good in making stories.... I only want to visualise them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ok well admiral i'd appreciate all the hard work... really i would. We gotta all get together tho and sort things out, and make it happen this time. We gotta sort out who really really want's to help out, and with what, etc and meet in town somewhere, a bar maybe, to discuss all this. Need to know who can help out with equipment and that kinda thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Whens the next meeting taking place?

Originally posted by Achilles
    Ok well admiral i'd appreciate all the hard work... really i would. We gotta all get together tho and sort things out, and make it happen this time. We gotta sort out who really really want's to help out, and with what, etc and meet in town somewhere, a bar maybe, to discuss all this. Need to know who can help out with equipment and that kinda thing too.

Do I need to be present there as well ?:p :confused::D

The Admiral

• Advertisement

The more the merrier, I bet...

Originally posted by Kennett
    The more the merrier, I bet...

Well, I don't really live very nearby :cool:

The Admiral

True, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

No no admiral you don't need to be there. When you're needed for anything i can message you on msn or something. By the way, will ya pm me your msn details so i can add ya?

Thanks.

Advertisement