Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOD's tackle on Griffen...

Options
  • 21-03-2004 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭

High or not?

Should he have been binned? Initially I thought yes, but on replays from the reverse angle it looks like he tackled him shoulder high...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

If you look at the replays you will see that griffin was jinxing around, which if you play rugby you will know means you have to wait till you know where he is going(or where you think he is going) before you commit to the tackle or you will definetly miss.

O'Driscoll thought he was going to go to his (BOD's) left but went right, which ment a quick change of angle for O'Driscoll.

Griffin isn't very tall so any tackle may look high, and BOD always goes for Man and Ball so was always going to be above the waste.

IMO it wasn't high and had no intent to be high, definetly not a yellow card.

*phew*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Looks pretty clear from every replay I saw that he was targetting the ball in hand - which is a fair target. Couple this with the Italian being short, ducking, and carrying the ball at his neck - and you have what looks like a cynical tackle.

Basically, he tried to rip the ball free and it looks bad as a result. Should not have been a card in my view and Hook was being ridiculous when he suggested it should have been red.

Interestingly the 3 commentators on BBC applauded the tackle even describing it as "great".

Advertisement