Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pixies

Options
  • 21-03-2004 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

am just wonderin if anybody knows if RHCP concert sold out. i really want to see the pixies. i wont be able to get tickets for 2 weeks until i've enough money, anyone know what my chances are like of getting tickets.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Did you try www.ticketmaster.ie yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

How long have those tickets been on sale for? I don't think there selling well at all.
    People arent that interested in seeing the Chillis once again in Ireland. How many times have they came here in the last year.

I'd say you would be able to get tickets in two weeks definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

yes that is true, i went to se them 2 years ago, but ended up not seeing them cuz i was so wasted.. any way thanks for the reply.. i love the pixies and would really love to see them live.... woohooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

take it they ain't sold out hen?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

yeah, but everyone is going to see the pixies anyway, there the real headliner's.
    No-one gives a tos about the chili's anymore. its kinda like a being there dun that type of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

oohh please be not sold out next week when i go and buy them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

do you's like the new John Frusciante album?

Im a bit of a fan, its really good.

wouldnt mind goin to a JF concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JudasMonkey

Anybody thats goin to the chillis concert it's to see the Pixies, MCD are now advertising Pixies on TV. The Pixies are back to bad Black Francis is now overweight and can't hit high note anymore. But Still Kim Deal is great vocalist and bassist. I got my ticket and i'm happy yeah there is still lots of ticket but it shall be cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭TrickyRicky

well i'm goin to see both, saw the peppers @ slane last summer and they were really awesome............when the pixies were announced, it was like the biggest bonus feature of the concert, im prob lookin forward to seein them more since i saw the peppers before.....atho the thrills are another support act(theyre ok i suppose) and (shudder) the frames ..........there's always 1 peice of shít in an extremely decent line up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by TrickyRicky
    the thrills are another support act(theyre ok i suppose)

ok is all i would say. i saw them last year and wasnt all that impressed with them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 four*

the add on telly is funny cos its promoting the pixies and yet they are the supporting act. it should be rhcp supporting the pixies. i saw frank black at witness a couple of years ago and he was class

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Originally posted by TrickyRicky
    the frames ..........there's always 1 peice of shít in an extremely decent line up
    are they confirmed??their alot better and far more talented than the thrills

no thrills are marginally better than frames, but equally as bland and forgettable. im not sure if theyre confirmed, i heard it on the thread on gigs/events under "thrills supporting in the park", so it could just be a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

is it just me or did i hear an ad on 2fm saying the thrills are playing with rhcp and the pixies?

and if they're still advertising, there's still tickets

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The chillis are one of the best live bands around they are awesome. Yeah they have been over way too much recently which will sway some fans but I think its def worth goin to see them.

As for the pixies yeah they are one hell of a supposrt act but come on I dont think people are buying tickets just to see them. Thousands of tickets were sold well before the pixies were announced. I am looking forward to seeing them though.

Not really a Thrills fan they are too much of a boring band for me and that guys voice is terrible live. They are way too different than the other bands playing so dunno why they were added to the bill. Thrills time = pint time.

The frames are a really good band so i dunno why people are slagging them off. glen hansard has a top voice and they are really good live so I'm looking forward to seeing them.they have some top tunes that and alot of people dont really know all their stuff so cant judge them properly.

People should stop complaining and just go to the gig!it beats ataying at home doing nothing. It will be a cracking gig(except for thrills) and cant wait to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 brandnewspoon

got me a ticket the day after they went on sale. found out they're goin like hot snails after. should be good except for the thrills: possibly the most overrated stack of monkey shaft ever arsed out of ireland. go westlife...

hear hear

Advertisement