Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reply to the "Gaelge Charter"

Options
  • 21-03-2004 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

i c a lot of "****e"s and "feck"s littered about the place, even in the Charter (ehich is wut makes me think that its not Bards idea. is there sum overarching boards.ie rule against cursing thats built in2 the programming of the page? cuz, at least 2 my eyes, spelling the word wrong doesnt well disguise it, so im wondering whether or not theyre allowed, and 2 wut level, &c. thanx 4 ur time bard/gael!^.^ agus d'áthas oraoibh.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Seems to me that the simple answer to your question is that there is a profanity filter on boards.ie which attempts to stop you using offensive language and, this being an open web site accessible to all people of all ages, using such language is generally discouraged anyway.

I don't see what this has to do with the "Gaeilge (Irish)" forum or its charter, so I'm moving it to somewhere more appropriate.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Reply to the "Gaelge Charter"
    i c a lot of "****e"s and "feck"s littered about the place, even in the Charter (ehich is wut makes me think that its not Bards idea. is there sum overarching boards.ie rule against cursing thats built in2 the programming of the page? cuz, at least 2 my eyes, spelling the word wrong doesnt well disguise it, so im wondering whether or not theyre allowed, and 2 wut level, &c. thanx 4 ur time bard/gael!^.^ agus d'áthas oraoibh.

I wish that entire post of txtspk gibberish had been replaced with asterixs.

you have a full fucking keyboard there, why not learn to type whole words before whining that the only ones you can be bothered spelling are censored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Gleanndún

i wasnt whining, just confused, wasnt sure the extent lenience when it comes 2 profanity.:confused:

p.s. physicists use abbvs---a lot. were lazy pp, sorry^^

Advertisement