Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot connect using my own modem to IOLBB

• 21-03-2004 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Need advice here....

I connect to IOLBB using a DLINK 604+ router/modem.

Since Thursday evening, I could not connect to IOLBB(just like thousands of other people) using this modem.

When logged onto the web browser, attempting to connect, I was continually getting the message 'PPoE server not found'

This morning I just tried using the ZyXEL USB modem which I got from IOL and it has worked?!!?!? Bizarre.

My settings which I use to connect on the DLINK modem is;
    VPI: 8
    VCI:35
    user@iolbb
    (password) which is correct
    authentication: chap
    Connect on demand: disabled (tried enabled also)
    Idle time: 0
    IP Control: Get from ISP

I have never been able to connect. I have not changed my configuration on the Dlink modem at all.
    The modem has a series of tests which it can do to the line, like quality, ATM loopback which all succeed, but the PPP test fails.

Any Ideas? Did IOL change something?
    Thanks, J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

No clue what your problem is... and good luck trying to find out from IOL considering you are using your own modem....

Seems weird that you are getting problems...Why did you decide to use another router/modem instead of the one supplied by IOL?

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I've been having similar problems with my DSL-504.....it must be something that IOLBB did recently because before these blackouts I never had a problem. It has also begun freezing randomly and the PPP test fails aswell, I cant figure out what they could have changed recently that has this effect on the router but not on the crappy USB modem:confused:.

</edit>I have been able to connect though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Reason why I am using a real DSL Modem is because it has routing, firewall and wireless also, which I need.

Thanks OfflerCrocGod for the info.I'm going to try to find out tomorrow.

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

OK it seems as if things have begun working again - at least I haven't had an outage in nearly a day; hopefully whatever screwed the BB network last week was what messed up our Routers. so now that its fixed we should be sorted:dunno: * Offler crosses fingers.

Advertisement