Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking the silence

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I'm not sure everyone can be arsed or so inclined to download a 36meg video. How about telling us what's said?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

sorry, having had broadband for a while, I forget that many in Ireland still don't. I watched the video streaming np.
    Anyways, the video is a documentary by award winning journalist John Pilger.
    Its about the American war on terror. The documentary offers a frank and candid appraisal of recent events and the reasons behind them. Its to my knowledge the first time that mainstream journalists have covered events in such a manner in main stream news networks in the UK.
    The documentry provides a lot of proof that points to the hipocricy of Bush and Blair. It also provides proof of how the US provided saddam with biological weapons against Iran. Its funny, you can watch John talking to a U.S. white house rep, and the guy denies the fact, then John tells him that the proof is in the US library of congress, and shows us the document. He also shows us news clips of both Donald Rumsfeld, and anotehr high ranking white house official (can't remember her name) telling US news networks as recently as february and july 2001 that Saddam does not have any weapons of mass destruction and is no threat to anyone. Its worth the download imo, and I'd be surprised if any "pro-bush" ppl could after looking at this documentary still maintain their stance with a clear conscience, unless ofc they have a vested interest in the bush government.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I don't have broadband but I think this was shown on UK TV last year. Heres the discussion we had then about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116732&highlight=pilger

Advertisement