Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All this talk about "Terrorisim"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Originally posted by Lear
    I'm not sure that killing every rap-bastard who actively plots my own destruction is "Christian", I merely assert that it is preferable to dying at the hands of such people.

And why should the "rap-bastards" whose destruction YOU are plotting feel any different? And they happen to have a lot more faith in their religion than almost any Christian(Are YOU willing to die for your god?) so they'll always win that sort of contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Lear

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    You reply like that all you want. I have no issue with that statement. But if you go back up and look... my point was made in reference to yours saying that the training of OBL et al by the CIA was "dog dirt".

It has nothing to do with saying that the Afghan rebels are now al Ouaeda.

FYI, al Qaeda is composed primarily of Arabs, not Afghanis.

but the real issue centered about whether the US trained OBL, not whether the US contributed to the training of someone who later joined al Qaeda.

Please refrain from changing the subject.

And as you continually spin your allegations, you have YET to provide a single credable URL to support your allegations that the US trained OBL or a single person who later joined al Qaeda.

And to top it all off… you have not posted one URL at all….

Can you see where I am coming from?

Excuse me, but it is YOUR burden to first provide evidence supporting your allegation, not mine to initially disprove every ratbrained assertion that comes my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

every rap-bastard
    What's a "rap-bastard"?

Does Eminem count or do you have to be a darkie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by Sarky
    And why should the "rap-bastards" whose destruction YOU are plotting feel any different?
    Because they started it. A bunch of self-appointed champions of Islam called al Qaeda started kiling Americans, not the other way around. A group of a few thousand zealots bankrolled by Arab millionaires and phoney Arab charities has made it a point to come after me and mine.

OBL or any of the 9-11 terrorists cannot say the same.

And they happen to have a lot more faith in their religion than almost any Christian
    So what. they still worship death.

(Are YOU willing to die for your god?)
    No, but i'm willing to try my darnest to make every al Qaeda pissant die for his.

... so they'll always win that sort of contest.

The same was said about the Japanese Bushido, who were willing to die for their god, the emperor. In the end, the Allies still walked into Tokyo and Bushido swords became things sold on the open market for cars and grocery money.

So far you've expressed a dozen reasons as to why I should give up. It is too bad that I cannot convince you to fight for your way of life, rather than to surrender to a pack of murderous thugs.

• Advertisement

Ah, so you're fighting for your way of life. That's alright then.

What's an incredibly rich corporate tycoon like you doing on a small forum like this?

And you really think they started it? I'll give up now.

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    roffle.

Seriously Sarky with all due respect you are dealing with a personage who is happy to say

...yet didn't. Not one ickle URL did said persoange post....

I'll make a bet with you. You say i've NEVER posted a URL. I say you're an idiot and a liar.

If I show where I've posted a minimum of FIVE URLs today, you leave this forum and NEVER return.

If I can't then I'll leave.

Bet?

The edit button is a wonderful thing... :)

Originally posted by Sarky

What's an incredibly rich corporate tycoon like you doing on a small forum like this?

Slumming.

And you really think they started it? I'll give up now.

Unless you can show me where the US attacked the land of alQaedia before the alQaedians started targeting the US, absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'll make a bet with you. You say i've NEVER posted a URL. I say you're an idiot and a liar.

If I show where I've posted a minimum of FIVE URLs today, you leave this forum and NEVER return.

Bet?

How about you do not post up personal abuse again and I do not have to ban you from here, ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Originally posted by Lear:

I say you need to calm down. I also say that you've been warned about personal attacks before.

You also haven't posted a single URL on this topic. Neither has Merc_Tilt, but he never said he did. I'm pretty sure you have posted URL's elsewhere on this board, and perhaps they are even relative to the topic we are currently discussing, but unless you reference them here, how are people going to link them with the topic in hand?

This kind of attack usually warrants a banning, but instead I think you should back up your assertion. The one in which you called Merc a liar specifically. In order to prove someone is a liar not only do you have to show that he was untruthful, you have to demonstrate that they knew they were untruthful.

If you cannot do this, then you won't even have 3 days in which to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Unless you can show me where the US attacked the land of alQaedia before the alQaedians started targeting the US, absolutely.
    As I said, Al-Queda haven't got any discernable homeland. It's a catch-all name for a coalition of terrorist groups, all with various grudges against the US or western society.
    If you think the US has been an absolute saint in the past, and hasn't done anything to warrant hatred from these groups, then you might as well give up now. If you continue to argue, I'm afraid your head might become so firmly lodged up your ass that you'll collapse in on yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Because they started it.
    The pre-pubescent child defense. Is your Dad bigger than their Dad?
    So what. they still worship death.
    No, but i'm willing to try my darnest to make every al Qaeda pissant die for his.
    Kinda sounds like you worship death too. :rolleyes:

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Lear, could you answer my earlier question for me please? I was wondering how killing more innocent people helps? I'm probably the uneducated one here so I'm willing to hear other sides.

Thanks,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Bet?

I've got a better idea. You stand at one end of Main street at high noon, and I'll stand at the other and on the first stroke of the town bell, we'll draw our six-shooters and start blasting. If I win, you leave and never return, if you win, I'll leave and never return.
    *adjusts his cowboy hat*
    Bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Because they started it.

Did they? Or did some people get pissed off because every time they democratically elected a leader who set out to improve the living standards for the average population got taken out by a US (with some help from the UK and sometimes France) sponsored coup and it usually ended up with a brutal dictator.
    The pattern usually follows a country that has alot of oil or is strategically beneficial to Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Seriously, what's a rap-bastard?

Google wasn't much help apart from listing some good clubs in south LA. I'm as into urban music as the next guy but none of these guys live in tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

By that logic, you must also believe that your country has also not struck back against these terrorists who attacked your nation ...

unless you can show me where the US attacked the land of alQaeda after the alQaedians started targetting the US.

How does that make you feel? AlQaedians killed thousands over 2 years ago, and your country has done nothing in response.

Absolutely nothing.

Which makes me wonder how we were all duped into thinking that this War on Terror was somehow related to those attacks. But they couldn't be, because no action of the War on Terror has been carried out against the nation of AlQaeda.

From the ridiculous to the sublime, neh?

So maybe you'd rather rethink your argument (that I borrowed and extended) and present one thats a bit more honest - something you keep saying is lacking here.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

While I would mostly agree with what Bonkey has said I would add that it is important to focus on events that happen while we are awake. Not events that happen after we go to sleep and before we wake up. If that is not the case I might suggest that Lear assess the rate of vibration the energy in his universe oscillates at and see if it is the same as ours in order to ascertain that everyone on this thread is actually in the same universe. Dimensional errata can be the cause of such erroneous facts (as posted be Lear).

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by sceptre
    Seriously, what's a rap-bastard?
    Puff Daddy, if that is his real name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by seamus
    I'd agree. Maybe not in the US, but almost certainly in the UK. Two greenpeace protestors over the weekend showed exactly what a joke the British "high terrorism alert" is.

If they had been terrorists they could have been picked off very easily. I don't know if you have ever been to Whitehall but even before the current problems you would routinely see armed police and snipers taking position on the roofs of biuldings and other places

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Originally posted by pork99
    If they had been terrorists they could have been picked off very easily.
    The phrase you're looking for is "dead man's switch".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

if there is one thing i really really really hate is the chamberlain excuse...

I HEARBY DEMAND THAT NO ONE USES THIS EXCUSE UNLESS THEY KNOW SOME BLOODY HISTORY BEFORE HAND!!!!!

-yes chamberlain tried to appease Hitler's germany and the response he got was a clean backstabbing and ww2

BUT

-please note the following.

-at the end of ww1 england et allies absolutly raped germany and blamed them for everything (if you agree with this you can leave this board it requires the ability to read) Germany lost alot of land got told to pay back a huge debt and was ignored by the political world.

-now they built themselves back up, joined the league of nations (after like Russia was refused originaly) and started to become a nation *BANG* economic crisis. Now instead of helping germany out what do the allies do. Well France invades germany and occupies the ruhr (the richest area in germany). And England boots them in the balls again with more demands for money.

-So germany started again thanks to leaders like Stresseman, they achieved in lowering alot of their repreations and the economy started to recover. And then in a turn of bad luck the WHOLE WORLD goes into recession and germany again hits the bottom of the pile.

Now to the average German you see every other nation laughing at you...Blaming you for the worse war ever, your children are starving. your attempt at political agreement fails when the league of nations (thanks to musolini) is proven to be absolutly useless. Wha do you think? F*ck them!!! and then you hear of a leader who agrees with you. You vote him in and he starts delivering. Right F*ck em and lets rebuild the country we had before ww1 (note less then a generation has passed so everyone knows there was a better time) and he starts succeeding. After a few years of this the people believe he can do no wrong. And when the allies offer a small bit of appeasement...wha do you think?...Oh no...you didnt help us when we were starving and now your offering this tiny piece of friendship? Screw you b*tch we are taking wha we lost and we are going to laugh at you...

-so in conclusion. IF you have previously screwed a country dont expect them to be on best of terms with you and the best policy is not to make that mistake in the 1st place.

Soooo maybe if America took the chamberlain approach way way way back in 1945 with Russia. there would have been no large scale weapon build up. If Germany had'nt taken Alsas Loraine back in 1870 then France would not have wanted to go to war against germany in 1914. IF The British had'nt promised both palistinians and Jews Palistine during WW1 then maybe the whole Isreal deabte would not exist. If a german pilot have not gotten lost in 1941 and bombed London by mistake Germany would have won the battl of Britain(interesting one that one). AND IF THE WEST (all of us) HAD NOT SCREWED THE ARAB NATIONS AROUND SO MANY GODDAMN TIMES FROM MEDIEVIL TO NOW!!!!! then maybe there would have been no 9/11

course there are things in history they shouldnt have done. But thats the key. HISTORY...

WE ARE MEANT TO LEARN HISTORY SO NOT TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES BUT BOTH SIDES SEEM TO USE HISTORY AS AN EXCUSE TO JUSTIFY KILLING EACH OTHER...

hence i feel history should be compulsary through all of school and it should be world history...course this is impossible and futile. And when you study history and politics you seem to become an extreme pessimistic git that makes you cry at night because in the end a single human can be god\allah\evolution's greatest achievement. But People are stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by pork99
    If they had been terrorists they could have been picked off very easily. I don't know if you have ever been to Whitehall but even before the current problems you would routinely see armed police and snipers taking position on the roofs of biuldings and other places
    Well you see, I had thought of that. Two terrorists could get a large groups of their mates to stand there chanting, any cops come along, claim they're with greenpeace, have greenpeace on their clothes, with explosives hidden underneath.

By the time Greenpeace got around to disavowing any knowledge, there'd be two rather large chunks missing from the side of Big Ben.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

blitzkrieg, by what twisted definition is the middle east oppressed. They arab nations there control one of the most oil rich parts of the world. I would imagine that most arabs are far richer than us. Please elaborate on how we are screwing them over (Palestine aside).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

They arab nations there control one of the most oil rich parts of the world.
    by US imposed dictators. Kuwait, Iraq under Sadam after Sadam etc, etc etc..Oppressive Islamic fundamentalism then feeds off the fallout. Syria and Iran aren't on side but nuclear inspections and new sanctions will see to that. More repression more invasion more terror. Lets call it the "Terror Loop Theory".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

thank you dathi that covers a large part of it.

But another side of it could be the whole b*tch slapping of arabs in the way of the cold war. While Russia quite simply opted for invasion (afganastan) America were also keen on telling different groups in the arab world that they support them and stand up to the Russians and here have some training. Of course when these victorious forces succeed the US in a sense disown their cause because it didnt fit with the 'american' ideal. Ahh well guess its better then invasion. Oh but that then followed on if those states continued not to play by america's rules.

Originally posted by gandalf
    How about you do not post up personal abuse again and I do not have to ban you from here, ok?

Excuse me, but some pissant made a patently false statement.

Why is proposing a bet based on such statement "abusive"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dahamsta
    The pre-pubescent child defense.

adam

Self defense is an acknowledged right everywhere in the known world, but apparently unrecognized here.

I suppose in Ireland you turn the other cheek every time some goes to killing your relatives, because using force to stop them would be a pre-pubescent child defense

Advertisement