Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All this talk about "Terrorisim"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Lear
    Excuse me, but some pissant made a patently false statement.

Why is proposing a bet based on such statement "abusive"?

Its not. Calling a person an idiot is. Or does idiot mean something different in the US? Care to enlighten us?

I hope you aren't banned any time soon. I haven't been this entertained since Cork put on his Fianna Fail-tinted glasses...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lear banned for personal abuse as he obviously wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Lear
    I suppose in Ireland you turn the other cheek every time some goes to killing your relatives, because using force to stop them would be a pre-pubescent child defense
    Obviously you've never been to Ireland. We tend to run with due process and an independent judicial system in this little backward country. Killing every person who looks like the person who might have killed your relatives would be as much a no-no as a preemptive strijke against a guy who might feel like killing one of your relatives. Or indeed killing the guy without giving him a day in court and a fair trial including a defence lawyer. Or indeed, killing the guy at all - we've managed to recognise the futility and barbaric nature of the death penalty here. Those who choose to avenge outside the realm of law are generally regarded as criminals here.

Self-defence is defined pretty well legally here. It's a legal defence based on a very small set of specific circumstances. Not a catch-all excuse to be bandied about willy-nilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Originally posted by gandalf:

Lear banned for personal abuse as he obviously wanted.
    Godammit, why do ye guys always beat me to the banning!

/me goes off to ban random posters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement