Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jocks tips of the day

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Fcuk it that young collier done me for the placepot today.All the other lines where placed. That young deveruax done me yesterday!

Its a bit of a Co-incedence that it was a horse named "young" something done today and yesterday.

Thats it i'm not putting any horses names in if theres "young" in it .

How did everyone else do hey!!

Originally posted by emagdnim
    cheers for the tip on illusive jock, just pipped by supreme, that would have been a nice bet if he came in first! ah well.....cheers anyway!

what happened to majhool?

Ye that illusive should of won!
    My best bet majhool was unlucky!
    he was hampered on the bend and ran into 4th place ,might win next time!
    keep an eye on him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

4.40 Calssic role won 4/1 the only winner of the day i said that he would have a big chance.i got him @ 9/1 this morning.

Same as that got him at 8/1, i have backed him a few times and he was due!

pretty scary day racing, had 5 bets and only two winners but i am up so i am happy! I hate hanicaps on the flat and the doncaster draw is doing my head in for the Lincoln, i will go high i think!

Didn't have time to put bets up because of work but i had a decent punt on King of dreams, got him at 15/8 and had 50 win as i really fancied it! Normally i bet 10s and 5s with 20 on fancied ones but i couldn't see this one beat and went mad on it, so summary good end to day lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Had a patent on 3 of your tips, Jock. Got a 2nd, 3rd and a lose (majhool!). Got half my money back...

Originally posted by donhughberto

I hate hanicaps on the flat and the doncaster draw is doing my head in for the Lincoln, i will go high i think!

Didn't have time to put bets up because of work but i had a decent punt on King of dreams, got him at 15/8 and had 50 win as i really fancied it! Normally i bet 10s and 5s with 20 on fancied ones but i couldn't see this one beat and went mad on it, so summary good end to day lol!

Well done on that king of dreams.classic role was really due a race and he got it.

I think that you want to be drawde low in the lincoln!Thats where all the early pace will be.hey but thats my opinion.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by TmB
    Had a patent on 3 of your tips, Jock. Got a 2nd, 3rd and a lose (majhool!). Got half my money back...

sorry about that!
    majhool was a bit dissapointed but even though he was hampered on the bend.

If it was my best bets of the day well then your not the only one then because i had the same bet done.

Because of all the racing on saturday i will just be given out the best tips from the meetings.

Doncaster
    2.45 el coto e.w,jay gees choice e.w
    3.15 law breaker e.w
    5.00 under my spell e.w

Kempton
    2.35 justalord win
    3.10 taranaki e.w, marker e.w
    4.55 typhoon tilly e.w

Newbury
    1.55 spring grove e.w
    2.25 uncle max e.w
    3.35 executive descision e.w
    4.45 kadoun e.w
    5.20 durante e.w

Bangor
    2.50 reveiwer e.w,springfield scally e.w
    3.25 indian scout win

Navan
    3.00 beachcomber bay e.w
    3.30 In The Dip e.w
    4.00 Il En Reve e.w,Property Partners e.w
    5.00 Khairabar e.w

Wolverhampton
    8.30 romany nights e.w
    9.00 gilded cove win

Dubai(nad al sheba)
    1.40 Inamorato e.w
    2.30 Jack Sullivan win ,Tamarillo e.w
    3.10 Warrsan win
    3.50 Feet So Fast e.w
    4.30 Refuse To Bend big big e.w chance
    5.20 State Shinto e.w

Best bets
    2.35 justalord win
    3.25 indian scout win
    4.30 Refuse To Bend e.w
    9.00 gilded cove win

I advise you to bet on all my selections in dubai because in the past three saturdays i have won more money there than on any other meetings put together.I know the form like the back of my hand.
    Please if anyone gets any tips for saturday please send them because the more the better.

OK... I've two patents and a lucky 15 on today. If I don't win anything, I give up! :):)

My tips for the day and it ain't easy at all, very competive racing.

Rangoon 3.45 Kempton todays banker

Heisse 2.10 Doncaster, working well, likes trip and ground good ew value

Victory Moon 5.20 Dubai, good ew value, def get placed

Good luck to everyone but don't bet every race or you will lose as its crazy racing today!

Today has to be the worst days betting ever.I cant get a winner!

How is everyone else doing.
    i'm fighting a lossing battle here!

o.k i am going to lump on 3 horses to come out on top.
    i am up 200 euro from yesterday,what do you think of these three selections:
    4.25 Apologies
    5.20 fighting chance
    4.30 direct bearing

I'm going to put 50win on apologies and direct bearing
    and 25e.w on fighting chance.

that leaves 50 euro.

What are your suggestions?
    come on help me out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Hey Jock. I'm sure u were telling me one day that Vodka Bleu is going to be racing. Did i miss that day? I'm getting to love horse racing day by day. Its quiet an addiction. Must..........go .........to.........bookies!!:rolleyes:

LOL.... 2 patents, 1 lucky 15.

10 horses, 1 winner, no places, 9 losers.

/unsubscribe HorseRacing

:p:p

Bad day where i came out out 20 ahead, everybody was warned just how bad today was going to be. I have 5 ew running on adam scott and he has just got lead in players championship, i had three bets on this and hes going well at 33/1, 11/4 at the moment, still great value, playing brill! I have one rule in golf, don't back tiger!

My interest in racing will die with atthraces i think!

Originally posted by The jock
    Today has to be the worst days betting ever.I cant get a winner!

How is everyone else doing.
    i'm fighting a lossing battle here!

o.k i am going to lump on 3 horses to come out on top.
    i am up 200 euro from yesterday,what do you think of these three selections:
    4.25 Apologies
    5.20 fighting chance
    4.30 direct bearing

I'm going to put 50win on apologies and direct bearing
    and 25e.w on fighting chance.

that leaves 50 euro.

What are your suggestions?
    come on help me out!

You must have been hit heavy , i just refushed to get strongly in there today!

Originally posted by KittyKat
    Hey Jock. I'm sure u were telling me one day that Vodka Bleu is going to be racing. Did i miss that day?

The day that he was running the meeting was cancelled due to bad weather.
    I will win a race when he runs!
    i'll let you know when hes running.

What can i say,today was a disaster!

i backed 15 horses

2 winners
    2 placed

I was losing badly until i had fighting chance backed @ 25/1 got 3rd.then i backed freetrip (50win).then i put 50 win on gilded cove @5/4 one of my best bets of the day.I managed to come out losing about 150.not bad.i was down 350 for the day before hand.

Since i,m riding in a point to point sunday,i will not be able to bet or see the races so i'm just goin to tip up 9 horses for tomorrow that i have heard a good word for.

limerick
    3.45 woodenbridge natif
    4.45 likeadaffodil
    5.15 crimson flower

leopardstown
    3.30 grant
    5.00 napper tandy
    4.00 mohawk star

kelso
    3.30 canon barney

huntingdon
    5.10 opera hall

market rasen
    2.50 call me jack

Best bet of the day 4.00 mohawk star
    good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

had tara tara at 2.10 in newcastle, 10/1, have it on a double with flying tackle 13/2. return is 165 if it comes in. /crosses fingers

sorry i havent been posting tips recently its because of attheraces not showing racing anymore.i will now only be giving tips for the big meetings like aintree this week and saturday racing.that doesnt you from sending in your tips everyday.

I am the same, don't go muuch into it without attheraces, had a good weekend with Mr Scott in golf , I have a broken leg at moment and now spend the day watching dvds lol, its not the same racing not been live at all!

• Advertisement

Any truth to the rumour that a new racing channel is starting (or old one restarting) in April?

the racing channel allways has the same problems, finances, and until they work out a deal with racetracks to the tune of 200 million plus, there is very little hope.

attheraces got out still with money to pay and i doubt we will see them back ever unless they get backing from somewhere, i think the bookies should finance the channel as they are the ones making the money out of internet betting etc, this is the first day in two years i haven't had a bet and plenty of people only back because of telly coverage as the jock stated earlier.

ive heard that itv are going to take over some of the racing off bbc and channel4.where does that leave the sky digital viewers who dont have itv.
    also i heards that sis might become avalible under the sky sports package on sky digital.itwill take over four months though.i dont care who braodcasts live racing as long as i can see it.the quiker the better.my gambling interest will stop now because of attheraces.i used bet alot when attheraces where around but now i think i will stop.what good is it betting on something you cant see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 de_roiste

How are we looking for today then!?

Well this is the tip from the tipsters mailing list:

Monet's Garden in the 5.30 at Aintree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 de_roiste

Aye.. Saw that..

I was thinking of going with Strike Back in that one.

Possibly a double with Nopekan in the 3:10..

Both Barry Geraghty mounts..

1.45 Anno Jubilo,puck out e.w
    2.20 Venn Ottery win
    2.55 Foreman e.w
    3.45 Exit to wave, Joss Naylor ,Hedgehunter,Risk Accessor e.w
    4.35 Hehasalife e.w
    5.10 Ten Pressed men e.w

also watch watchout for good old montys pass if theres any money for him and if it doesnt rain overnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

4.35 Hehasalife

my da used to have a share in that donkey itcould barely win a race in ireland he mustve come second about twenty times before he finally won. e/w is a good tip cos his tactics are go twenty lenghts clear and hope, he's an out and out front-runner!!

My National Bets

Shardam e.w
    Southern Star e.w
    Kelami e.w my rank outsider

Other bets today

Thisthatandother 2.20
    Intersky Falcon 2.55

Thats my lot for the day, decent bet on Shardam, modest the rest

• Advertisement

Vodka bleu is running today.i tipped it up about 3 or 4 weeks ago.its trading at about 7/1.its in the 4.20 at cheltenham .get on it now.hes a great e.w selection and i think he wont be beat.

Advertisement