Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error when playing games

Options
  • 21-03-2004 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

I am on Windows XP SP1a and everything is updated to date.

I used to be able to play C&C Generals fine but now everytime I play, after playing for about 10-15 minutes, it closes down on me a saying there is a Techinal Difficulty. Anyone knows why? I didnt update any patch for this, could that be the reason? But I have been playing it for sometime now and everything was fine up to a couple of days ago.

Also everything I play Warcraft 3, an error message comes up and closes the program. I havent update the patch for this too. I think its running version 1.00 at the moment. Can I update it straight to version 1.14? Is the error caused by something else?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

howdy, I saw your other post about overclocking,and was wondering if you have clocked your system yet?,because generals ''especially'' is a little biatch and does not like overclocked systems,thats the only game that would not run for me after i clocked my system.if you really want to play it then u might have to lower your overclock until it stops happening.The same goes for warcraft, looks like a memory(ram) problem there 2 me.

* o and you can update straight to 1.14 of war3 using b.net*

good luck

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I havent done anything overclocking yet. In terms of hardware, the only difference for C&C Generals was before my ram was running at DDR200 while now its running at DDR400.
    My BIOS does gives me a selection for turbo which it increases my FSB from 200 to 205. Thats about it. Other than that, I have not done any overclocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

The Warcraft error is saying that it had a problem writing to an memory address. Normally I'd blame the software but have you tried resetting your memory settings back to their original values?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

try 333mhz memory speed

Originally posted by l3rian
    try 333mhz memory speed

Even on 333Mhz the errors are still there. Dont tell me I have to run my memory at 200Mhz to play those games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Originally posted by neokenzo
    Even on 333Mhz the errors are still there. Dont tell me I have to run my memory at 200Mhz to play those games?

lools like it,my friends pc supports ddr400 but he cant actually run the memory at that speed ( gets the same errors as you ) kinda pointless of mobo makers to support ddr400 when it cant run at that speed :confused:

CombatCow

I wouldnt mind so much if I could still run it at DDR333 instead of DDR400. But to run lower than DDR333 is ridiculous :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Get Memtest86 or Docmem and run a burn in test (> 6 hours). Any DDR400 capible Motherboard and RAM should be able to run almost indefinitely without a single bit error their rated speed if they're working properly. I've had to RMA a motherboard before due to inability to keep the memory stable. It tool well over an hour to notice a problem with memtest86.

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    Get Memtest86 or Docmem and run a burn in test (> 6 hours). Any DDR400 capible Motherboard and RAM should be able to run almost indefinitely without a single bit error their rated speed if they're working properly. I've had to RMA a motherboard before due to inability to keep the memory stable. It tool well over an hour to notice a problem with memtest86.

Will try that tonight!

Advertisement