Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone watching Roma vs Lazio??

• 21-03-2004 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

What is going on?
    The match was just cancelled.....right in the middle of it.The players just walked off. Im very confused. Appartently the fans were shouting at the police so the ref stopped the match!?
    Anyone have any ideas whats happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ro

According to the guy on Eurosport the Police were accused of having run over someone with a police van, though I'm not sure how true that is.

They must've just decided to start a fire in the stand and get the match suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

yeah i was watching it. missles were been thrown on to the pitch and it caught fire. i have never seen anything like this in football before its an absolute disgrace. this wouldnt happen at a premiership match. in italian football the fans have more or less the freedom to do whatever they want. they italian fa should clamp down on this sort of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

hmm according to british eurosport. the incident with the young boy being killed by a police car was a false rumour
    http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/L0/S22/E5813/sport_Lng0_Spo22_Evt5813_Sto563231.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The Lazio Ultras have a massive say in how the club is run.
    Lazio - Roma matches are scary events. The clashes between fans (well hooligans) are pretty intense.
    I remember the BBC showed a program on football hooligans last year (I think) and Lazio/Roma featured. From the way it seems, it's mainly the Lazio side that cause problems. A lot of fascists. And something football doesn't need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    this wouldnt happen at a premiership match.

You mean fans of Premiership teams wouldnt rip each other to peices or that they are just to well policed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Lazio have always had problems especially with Racism.

Theres a funny story about Aaron Winter joining Lazio years ago. When he met the chairman he was told something along the lines of "Lazio supporters hate two kinds of people Blacks and Jews. You can't hide the fact that you're black but I'd advise you not to tell them you're a Jew".

Advertisement